Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sunday Ride Around the Hood after Moving Furniture!

Still looking for time to work the video from Saturday, Got a little footage from Sunday I may toss in.

11.7 miles at 16.1 MPH average speed.

But today was a challenge to get out of bed ha ha! I wanted to ride because I need to ride more but yesterday we did the 35, then went to my mother's house to move the heaviest freaking couch you can imagine. Big plush heavy thing, not a long couch but each side has a recliner and the middle a console that swings down with cup holders and all kinds of extra stuff that only make it heavier.

My brother and I had to squeeze it out a door somehow, not even sure how we got it out. Then once we had it out we had to carry it across the back yard, down the side of the house, then down the driveway. We got half way across the backyard before we had to put it down. Man that this is heavy!

Finally got it to the side, walked halfway across the side of the house and had to put it down again after encountering some brick steps. Here we lifted it once and I felt my legs buckle. Fortunately he said he did not have a grip and had to put it down again. Good cause that one was on him ha ha but i took advantage of the break. After a couple of minutes we tried to lift it again and he could not! He is almost my size so not like he's a 90 pound weakling. We tried again and again he could not lift it. So we waited another 2 minutes. I was trying to think of a way to do it if he couldn't.

But then he said let's go! We lifted it, finished the side of the house, down the driveway, about 30 yards. I heard him start panting really hard the final 10 yards. BUT WE GOT IT! :-P

He said he was panting and thought he was going to pass out ha ha! Yeah, it was that heavy! I had to start counting my steps the last 10 just as concentration to keep going and not think about the suffering ha ha! Then we helped her move a few other things around. A big maple bar about 7 feet tall and 7 feet long. Heavy wood but man that thing was no problem compared to the couch.

So anyway, Gina declined the invite but I managed to talk myself and my sore legs into doing at least a ride around the Hood!

BTW, this is my 14 year old grandson. I'm 6'1 and at 14, almost 15, he is 4 inches taller than I am at a whopping 6'4! :-O Meh, I missed the complete shot, I suck with cell phone cameras.

                                            Too bad he left before we moved the couch! :-P




Rode my old 1998 Cannondale!


Couple extra shots!

Super Blood Wolf Something or other Lunar Eclipse! :-P




1 comment:

  1. Give me your brothers cell # ya fruit cake! 007amoreno@gmail.com, A Tony

    ReplyDelete