Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Ash Wednesday Ride

 15 miles at an easy 13.7 average. Set out for a nice leg stretch after the blazing hot ride. My muscles really fatigued on that ride. Even easy things, of course it was still 103 like watering the yard was rough ha ha! I watered the back and front, and a little touch up work for about 2 hours on Monday and man, I felt tired. I guess the heat really got me this time.

So a nice easy ride tonight in 74 degrees should be nice. It was really nice, legs felt great. Didn't feel any fatigue and was feeling so good, I almost quit at 10 miles not wanting to get tired. Ever feel so good, you just want to stop so you don't ruin the feeling?

Well, I felt great tonight. But luckily I had my little back up mask with me tonight.  Though I was solo, not a soul around, I wore it once I saw the ashes in my headlight. WOW! Don't see it much with the naked eye at night but once the lights are on, here it comes! Also the flash helped light it up for the pics. Glad I wore my mask. Not too comfortable on rides but I'd rather get that stuff on the mask than in my lungs.

So I had a great little ride, had fun, enjoyed my ride and think I was safe enough out there tonight with my mask. Wanted to stop at 10 feeling good but thought I better do the 15 since I only rode once during the last weekend. But it sure was nice to ride in a much cooler temp! ;-)






WOW, WOW, JUST WOW!!!! 

Woke up this morning to some bad news. As mentioned before, my cousin Bobby passed away about 1.5 months ago from a stroke at 62. His mother 80 had a hard time and had a stroke. In a hospital with a stroke and incoherent. 

Then her other son Joey, 59 did a job on Catalina Island, chemical spill clean up guy who works with his 2 sons David 38 and Danny 32. All 3 guys got the virus.  My cousin Joey got really sick then improved a bit then took a turn for the worse and ended up dying about 2 weeks ago.


They did not tell my Aunt worried it might kill her losing a second son in 1 1/2 months. Joey's 2 sons were also in the hospital with the virus. The older son David somewhat recovered and was released but has lung and heart damage as a result. Then this morning, the younger son Danny passed away. Young 30 year old, thin, looked the healthiest of them all. Married 2 years ago and has a 2 month old baby, WOW!

So my cousin Georgi, poor girl, lost 2 brothers, a nephew all in a 2 month period, and her mother is really sick in the hospital getting ready to go home on hospice. Her mother, my aunt, hasn't been told that the others have passed away seeing the news of the first one almost killed her.



No comments:

Post a Comment