Tuesday, September 29, 2020

One Hour Dumb Ash Ride

 One hour goal, almost 15 miles at an easy average 14 something. I did a couple hard efforts on my Strava segment just for a workout though I did not want to ha ha! Legs tired enough, but hey, sometimes you get the best workout and reward from doing it when you're not at your best.  Push a little beyond your limits.

So I thought I would have a nice fresh air ride though it was hot today. Most times it's cool at night around the industrial center area, but today it was hot at night. Did more lifting with the weights yesterday than usual so maybe that was why I had a lazy crappy attitude tonight ha ha. Actually I felt good, just didn't feel like pushing, but I did! Haven't looked at my numbers yet so who knows, I probably pushed hard but went nowhere, fast ha ha ha!

Either way, always nice to be out on the bike. Just lubed the chain so it was a smooth ride tonight. Much more semi traffic tonight, everybody is loading up I guess! Or maybe it is welfare check time! Like that homeless chick at Edna Park said, I'm taking all their money. Yeah, work my whole life so my retirement pension is their welfare check, yeah right ha ha!

Anyway, always a nice ride when you go out in the dark alone. Just a nice feeling! And I like to keep it down during the week then pick it up a little on the weekends if I can.


BTW, don't you hate when you go into a turn, I was planning to do a hard push, when you hear a ting ding like something hit or FELL OFF YOUR BIKE ??? :-O

I heard something so I thought maybe a light mount snapped and hit my tubes on the way down. Nope, so you spend the next 5 minutes riding trying to shine your light on different parts of your bike to make sure they're still there. Chainring, check, brake calipers, check, seat post, check, I think I'd know if that one came off ha ha! I didn't want to stop, wheels looked straight, shifted good so kept going.

I did inspect the road where it happened on the next loop. Saw a small stone there, must be it, keep fingers crossed ha ha!


                                                         Again with the freaking mask! :-(


LEGS LEGS LEGS, YEAH !! For those of you who know the T Twins ha ha!


Dumb Ash Ride!



No comments:

Post a Comment