Sunday, September 27, 2020

Nice Short Ride with Gina

 26 miles with Gina today at 16.8 average speed. I'd be happy with a 16 from Gina since she doesn't ride much but she always amazes me whipping out some better speeds. Nice day today, not too hot, seemed cool at the morning and warmed up nicely, but not hot!

Ran into Bad Bob on the return. He must have seen us right after we left the coast. I did look back once we hit the wooden bridge and saw a couple riders but had no idea it was Bad Bob. I only saw shadows but if I had known it was Bad Bob, I still wouldn't have slowed down ha ha!

Not many people at the beach stop anymore. Though I think many ride early trying to avoid the heat though it hasn't been that bad lately, like a few weeks ago. But it's nice because we pretty much have the trail to ourselves on the way back.

Did wear my Old Fart jersey today. We were behind a couple of guys on the trail today heading back. Caught them a couple of times but backed off because I didn't want to push Gina too much. If we passed them, they would draft us then sprint around trying to drop us and Gina isn't up to racing people. We were just doing our pace. They were just ahead of us then they stopped at Edna Park as we continued on. Once we got back to the parking lot at ARTIC, they rode up. One guy rode by and shouted, "I like your jersey!". ha ha ha! I like these silly jerseys, they attract a lot of attention.


BTW, I did not know what Bad Bob was talking about saying Gina was dangling off the back when he rode up. I didn't realize it but we rolled up on a couple of guys a couple times as mentioned. The first time was leaving the coast, but they took off. Later we caught back up not intending to, just holding our pace. We rolled up on them on a short little climb then they rolled off again. Then we rolled up on them again not trying but each time they sprinted away. Which was good but we ended up behind them more than we liked so I put on my mask and at that time, Gina placed her mask on her face and I not knowing, seemed to pull away a bit not realizing Gina fell back. So once she was done, she said she had to work a little hard to catch back up. That is when Bad Bob rolled up on us and noticed Gina a bit off the back. So he thought I was pushing the pace trying to catch the guys. Nah, I didn't even realize Gina slowed to put on her mask, that's why there was a gap. I had no intentions of trying to catch the guys. I was just trying to hold onto a 16+ average speed. 

I did mention the guys ahead of us because Bad Bob was concerned that I was working Gina hard trying to catch them. Nah, we were just holding our pace. Not my fault they faded a few times ha ha! But Gina felt great on the ride.

Heading to the coast and the flag at Edna Park was moving pretty good. I felt the wind but felt much better than I expected after yesterday's faster ride. I was really expecting to be fatigued but felt good. Did roll up on some riders heading to the coast the really looked like they were worried about getting passed ha ha. Silly people! 


Gina the mask wearer! Her son is on dialysis and has all kinds of issues after a heart attack and major stroke so she makes sure to wear her mask.


Can't believe Gina is self conscious about her smile. So nice when she actually smiles!


Bad Bob caught us from behind then rode with us a bit to increase his mileage ha ha!



Gina did well but was happy to be back to the truck.


Remember the ass hat that shouted at me last week? Today we ran across the group again. 2 of my friends belong to the club. Going opposite way, I heard them shouting my name so I waved. A few guys were waving and shouting ha ha! I'm guessing the ass hat saw the video and maybe even got a few words from my friends ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment