Saturday, September 19, 2020

Fat Bastard Solo and a Freaking Flat !!!

 Good solo ride today. Solo ride of 46 miles at 17.0 average speed. Doing good today and feeling good. Ran into Rick and his friends at the coast. Had a good chat but they are pretty fast so I figured I'd roll out and as they caught me, it would be a good chance to capture them on video. Well I was ready, feeling good thinking I could get them as they rolled up and if I had to, I could speed up and hang with them for a bit and get some good fast footage.


I was doing pretty good and even thought about pulling over to the side to let them catch up as I was rolling pretty good and maybe half way back.  But I didn't, just figured stay about 18 to get my 17 target average. And of course, about 2 minutes later, hiss hiss hiss!!! Freaking flat tire. No way I'll have it fixed before they catch up as it was a cut in the sidewall, very small but my tube looked like a snake bite. Not sure what happened, not a very old tire at all, my first GP5000 and I've heard bad things about them, hope it ain't true.

So I put a patch on the tire as well, somewhat of a boot. New tube then kept the pressure low. Seemed to do well on the return though but sadly I missed the video op. They did roll by and asked if I was good, surprised quite a few people asked. But I was good.

As I was fixing it, Sandra and Mark rolled by. I was surprised to see them. Then I ran into them later at the ARTIC center. Actually about 6 or 7 of the riders I know. They said, "I thought that was you on the side of the road" ha ha ha! Yup, it was me! Had a quick little chat with the Good looking old guy Eric ha ha!


They said that I ought to join them on a ride again sometime. But there are a few riders I am hoping to avoid, the dangerous ones ha ha! I like the friendship thing but just too many lousy unskilled dangerous riders. Trying to keep myself safe and healthy during these times. If I break my collarbone, or get hit by a car chasing one of the lousy riders, I'll end up in the hospital alone and with some hefty bills I don't need right now, or ever! So to join another ride with the group, it would have to be maybe like 4 of us, the safe ones ha ha!

But I actually  felt good today other than the flat tire. And actually that was no big deal. I get pissed sometimes cause a flat can ruin all the fun, bastards! But today I just tried to be my cool mellow self and just take care of it ha ha!

I did have a crazy encounter. One chick out there looks like some gal I see on instagram who posts pics on the trail every now and then. She goes by The Cycling Dietician. She's like a few of my pics and vice versa. So as I was fixing my flat, almost done, she and a guy went flying by. Later I caught her, not sure where the guy was at the moment, ahead I guess. She looked exactly like the gal I see on IG, Hispanic but light hair and pig tails. As I rolled by, I asked, "ARE YOU THE CYCLING DIETICIAN"? She shouted, "THE WHAAAAAT?!?!".

Oops, sorry, never mind ha ha! So I just rolled on by and continued my ride feeling good today!


                                                                        Freaking Flat !!!


Had my recorders today and nobody to record. So I was ready and willing running across Rick and his buds. But the flat just a few minutes before running into them on the return. :-(


Sandra and Mark rolling by ARTIC


Eric


End of ride, felt good but still unhappy about the flat ha ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment