Saturday, September 26, 2020

Meet Up with Fazi & Friends

 42 miles at 18.0 average speed. I think they did 52 at 16.9. I stopped at the beach stop thinking they were going down to the pier, not my thing. I started at ARTIC then rode down to meet them at Yorba Park where they started.

I ran across a lady that shouted at me somewhere around Kraemer and a dude who shouted "BEANZ!!!" somewhere around Warner I think. Not sure who they were, maybe they will show up later on Strava Fly Byes.

But anyway, I had met Fazi on the trail quite some time ago. Got to talking, think he and one of his buds rode with us, I don't remember. Strange I don't remember as I do most things. I remember meeting him but not sure how it went down ha ha! But anyway, he told me he was in town from Rancho Santa Margie and hoped we would run across one another on the trail. Heck, I can do better than that,  I'll meet you at Yorba. So I rode alone to the park from ARTIC to meet them. I was about 30 minutes early. Wow, time drags when you're waiting for bike friends. I almost thought I missed them but looked at the clock after a while and it was only 10:10 and they were scheduled to start at 10:30. Felt like 5 hours waiting haha!

But they showed up as scheduled, thankfully! So one of the guys says he is slow and will be lagging behind. Yeah OK! I took the front at the start just to set the pace thinking by Fazi's history on Strava that we would average maybe 16. But Fazi went around me after 1/8 and picked it up. OK, here we go! I still didn't expect it to be that fast. But just after Imperial, some dude comes up with aerobars and says he likes my Fat Bastard jersey ha ha! Pretty fit looking guy and being at the front at this time, he said to get on his wheel. I don't usually like to hop wheels but since this was a group ride, I would be sooner or later so I hopped on. He did some pretty good pulls and we worked well together, including Fazi who helped with some really good pulls too. So we were rolling pretty good.

I usually stop at Edna park for Gina but today, we rode all the way through. An average of 18.9 on the 20 miles from Imperial to PCH. That's rolling for me!

The dude who joined us had planned to ride to Warner he said. But later he said he was liking it so much that he was going to go all the way to the beach with us if that was cool. Sure, helped us out too! We got to the beach then Fazi and his friends rolled along the beach path. I thought they were going to the pier but nope, they came back rather quickly. So we took a break a little longer then we all headed back, minus the new dude who had already headed back when we arrived.

Nice return, nice tailwind. Rolling without too much effort, we had a 19.0 bridge to bridge heading north. Not bad. One of Fazi's friends was on a hybrid type and he fell back on a hill so I tried not to go too fast so that we could all stay together. More fun that way! The dude on the hybrid is like 67 If I member correctly. He kept up the whole way and making it look easy so I didn't want to drop him at any point. That's no fun!

So we rolled back quite comfortably making for a nice ride for all. I turned off at ARTIC, my starting point so they still had a few more, maybe 7 miles to go. Looks like they did pretty good because they had a good average for the distance.

                                                  Rode my oldie bike, 1998 CAD3


Fazi, a White Guy, and Daryoush. Of course the white guy has an easy common name but that's the one I can't remember ha ha!





Smiling with the tailwind


Smiling because I only have 13 and they have 21 more ha ha!


Standard after ride Fat Bastard pic ha ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment