Sunday, March 4, 2018

60 Miles on San Gabe!

I took Mike to the trail today to test it out. He liked it. Said a bit rough in some spots but other than that, not bad at all and VERY VERY few homeless people. No loose dogs, drunks wandering in the lanes, etc.

I thought about 40 miles as I did 30 last week but Mike said we ought to do the 60 from Arrow to Seal Beach. I haven't been on the bike much but what the hey! So we went for it just trying to hold a steady pace. Ain't that the way you get back into shape? Do a little more than you think you can do?

I will admit, on the way back, my legs were frying on the little steps in the trail leading up to the finish. My Gosh my legs were toasty. But once we hit the end of the trail, we had 59.2 miles. DAMMIT! OK, let's not be wussies and head back down for .4 of a mile then head back so we can call it an even 60.

16.1 according to Garmin, 15.0 according to Strava. Strava sucks ha ha! :-P

Breezy but nice. I don't think the wind heading to the coast was as bad today but heading back was a bit more than last week. No wind situation ha ha! But we managed. Mike has been riding plenty and lost plenty of weight too so he was looking good. I have to say half way back I started taking his wheel as much as I could. Felt comfy but knowing those little steps back up the trail were going to hurt, I might as well conserve while I can.

Mike says it's a different kind of trail from SART. Though the numbers don't show a big difference, one sure feels it on the return.

Did see LewisAClark this time for sure! Twice! He saw me and acknowledged me this time. If hadn't been so worried about my legs frying, I would have turned back for a brief chat but I was a bit worried about going the distance ha ha!

Pics for now, a video at a later time or date.

Mike's bike. Thing is light and the new CF wheel are light too! Yeah, I'll let him take the front ha ha!





Still from the video.


I did ask Gina if she wanted to ride but she says she will wait another month. Mmmkay! Her son is still in the hospital but not in any danger of dying right now so I figured maybe even though she spends lots of time at the hospital. So she spent Saturday with me then left to stay at the hospital over night with her son but she was kind enough to take a few pictures for me so I could remember what she looked like! :-P










2 comments:

  1. I would have made it an even 60 too...Another great bike ride report....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir, got to make it an even 60! Going all the way is what matters! :-P

    ReplyDelete