Saturday, March 24, 2018

What's Wrong With The World Today ???

I'll tell ya, wind both directions North and South DAMMIT! :-P

Well had to do a quickie today, Mom's birthday. I ended up doing 30 solo at 16.0 average. I invited Mike this morning but he misunderstood my text, damn foreigners! :-P My text said " I am leaving at 9 am, doing the SGRT, 42 miles if you want to go."

He replied meet at your place, yes. I waited in the garage for him, 9:20, nothing. Hmm, I usually wait a bit but that is getting a little long so I text and ask if he is on his way. He asked if I was there already? Huh, you are supposed to meet me at my place, I'm waiting for you!

Damn, I thought you meant Sunday! :-O

So anyway, I ended up leaving at about 9:50 after all the delayed responses etc.

So I hit the trail, not bad but man it seems windy both ways. A bit chilly but I skipped on the windbreaker today hoping the sun would heat me up. A little sun but not too much, maybe I should have taken the jacket but oh well. Not too bad!

I did take it a bit easy on the way out knowing I have to stair step my way back up to the start. Thought I'd have a huge tailwind pushing me back up the stairs, WRONG!

I did see LewisAClark again. Should have stopped on the way out for a pic but figured maybe on the return. Got back to my truck, packed up then took off only to see him down Arrow about a 1/4 mile. Darn, just missed each other once again.

Not that I like to see people suffer but, OK yeah I do he he he! He was heading West and  it seemed he had his head down as if the wind was fighting him. That was cool cause that let me know it was windy and not just my fat out of shape body ha ha! :-P

So anyway, not a bad ride overall though I had planned another 10. :-/

The stair steps I mention, like 6 or 7 miles of stairs on the final leg of the return. Really zaps the energy but hey, builds character too, I hope!



Trying to take a selfie hoping to NOT get blown over! :-P 


Pardon my French, but you can tell I'm getting to that point where I don't even give a F#@K if my bike matches or not ha ha! Speckled cork tape on one side and flat black on the other. I replace things as they are need and as long as the drive train is OK, I'm good! :-P


Oh man! This crap wasn't there 2 weeks ago! I see the homeless are moving in! Almost as if they placed that big bag of trash there as a barrier to claim THEIR HOME! :-/


Lots of trash already and tents on the right section of the trail.




No comments:

Post a Comment