Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Midweek Leg Stretcher, Night Rain

10 miles/ 669 ft gain. I need to start stretching my legs during the week too. Makes the weekend rides that much better. So knowing it would rain I took my MTB to Thompson Trail figuring that would be the safest place to get in a short 10 mile warm up.

Fun ride, started light but what the heck happened to daylight savings time? I didn't take lights figuring I had more than enough time, NOT! :-P Got dark about 7 and with the rain, I could not see poop ha ha! I will tell ya, when it is dark and wet out there, there is not a soul around compared to daytime on a nice day.

Started raining pretty good there for a while so I did get a little saturated. A little mud, a little dirt, a little pavement. Heading back from the parking lots to the Indian Hill parking lot (free parking) it was so dark and with the rain, I could not see anything ha ha! I was going to say nothing but I was scolded so many times as a child for using double negatives. SO I try to avoid them though the rest of my writing is crap  ha ha!

Did see a pack of deer on the dirt section of the trail near the Mills lot. Maybe 6 or 7 of them traveling in a group. They stopped to munch on some bushes so I stopped and shot a little video footage of them. I'll see how it comes out later. I was talking as they were eating. They'd look over every now and then but didn't seem scared at all. I guess they figure there are like 7 of them and 1 of me so if they had to, they could all gang up on me and kick the crap out of me ha ha!

Anyway, riding in the rain is nice, exhilarating I guess if you know you don't have too far to go! Night riding, crisp cool fresh air, nice!


Mad a movie 'bout it! :-P Finally getting familiar with the new video editor so it doesn't take as long to make a movie. First couple there were a pain in the butt! :-P

PowerDirector16 video editor.





                                       Still light out but the rain is starting to get harder.


WTH! DLST ???


A little gentle up and down with some rain. :-P


Just re posting this video. I forget how strong Gina can be.  44 miles at 17.2 average speed, not bad! :

That and I like the song! :-P




No comments:

Post a Comment