Saturday, January 23, 2021

I Love this Light

 $8 and some change. Just looking for an inexpensive light to mount on the back of my helmet. First one OK but used a tether seeing the band was so thin. Then found this one. Comparing them both side by side, the new one is GOOD! 

Much better mounting system and easy horizontal to vertical mount. Much brighter.

I paid $8 and change. Another option if you search the ebay store is 1 for $9 but buy 2 get one free. Or buy a pack of 3 for $20.

Loving it but hate it cause now I want to buy a pack of 3 ha ha ha! The temptation is the work of the devil ha ha ha! Ya never know, I just might down the road since I like this thing so much.

I did read on the first ebay light that it was not very waterproof so this one, not sure, can't find info on the package. So I wouldn't submerge it or use it in the rain. I have the Cygolites for that and this one is just a little back up light to keep me illuminated.

But I'm loving the mount and the light!


OK, going to add something. These are $10 lights and not waterproof in water or rain. Also, this model, hold 1/5 seconds to change modes from solid beams to strobe beams. I read a few reviews where people complain that the modes change on their own and they can't figure out how to fix it because it malfunctioned. No it didn't Dopey! Read the directions ha ha ha! 

Also, if you read the instructions, it is good to drain the battery then charge to full. I tested the light once I received it. It lit up for 2 hours then went off. I drained the battery as directed and then charged to full. Then it stay lit for over 6 hours. It went off then I turned it on again and it stayed on again but I didn't test the time knowing it was on for 6 hours already. I'll wait till I go riding then charge again. So the light says 5:45 run time but it seems one must do the drain and recharge first to activate the long hours.


1 for $8 and change

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rechargeable-Red-LED-Front-Bike-Rear-Cycling-Bicycle-USB-6-Modes-Light-Tail-IR/284035026182?hash=item4221ce8d06:g:y08AAOSws9dfeurT


Buy 2 get one free!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Charge-Red-LED-Front-Bike-Rear-Cycling-Bicycle-USB-6-Modes-Light-Tail-US/274656142957?hash=item3ff2c8266d:g:eLUAAOSwyOtgCve9


Buy 3 for $20

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3Pack-LED-Bicycle-Bike-Cycling-Front-Rear-Tail-Light-USB-Rechargeable-6-Modes-US/274655683876?hash=item3ff2c12524:g:yqIAAOSwhf1gCpAL





Ah, the little things that make a man and his bike happy! 4 for like $6 on ebay, alum caps. 






1 comment:

  1. I can't make out which light that is on ebay and there are a lot of them that look like that from about $2.50 up. Can you post a link or text me one? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete