Monday, January 11, 2021

Monday Night Chill Ride

 20 miles with the group tonight.


The video from Saturday's 67 miler




So last night, a fun 20 mile ride with the group. I planned to take it easy but sometimes you just start rolling and there ya go ha ha ha! I took my MTB as it seems to be much smoother on this trail than the road bike. But at the end when the riders pick up the pace, it'd a darn good workout. There are about 4 riders that beat me back most the times but hey, I'm on an old MTB and they are on modern roadies. So trying to keep up is a challenge and a good workout. But when I get back on my roadies, I feel great. And to me, it's all about exercise. But thanks to the girls for beating me down on the ride ha ha ha!

Nice evening though. I thought it would be colder. Some dude playing the sax outside the coffee shop. Made it fun, few people dancing from the group. Added a little entertainment and better than standing out in the cold for nothing ha ha ha!

I can not get into Starbucks though. I enjoy the ice storm type drinks. The cold Slurpee type blended drinks with the whip cream, almost ice cream like. I had a couple from Starbuck's in the past and THEY SUCK!!! Not much flavor so I usually went to Nordstrom's which were way better and tasty. Too bad they closed but one of the maintenance people at the mall, one of our friends, Wendy, told us about Cinnabon serving them as well. So now I go there and they are actually the best of them all. Very consistent. Always just about the same as the last, always good. So sorry but Starbuck's sucks and last night was confirmation of that. Stand in line 6 feet apart. Finally get the cup of chocolate, walk outside and it is almost lukewarm. Wow, not worth the effort walking back in and complaining. So I just downed it like a soda ha ha ha! I don't usually need a hot cup of something when I get there on this easy ride but I went for it last night. But, in the future, I'll save my money and tip. Heck, the water in my bottle was just as good as a not so hot cup of chocolate for $5.


Hey! I rarely get my own pic. Thanks Nadine! And, they let me take center in the group pic last night. I'm used to them shoving me in the back for pics ha ha ha!


Really nice pic of the group by Nadine.






Hunh, hunh, hunh!!! Where else can I hang around with beautiful women and not get in trouble? A group ride. Nice women, friendly and chill! I can only take a pic of me and one of them at a time. If I took a pic of all of them, I'd have a heart attack ha ha ha! This is Shawn, very photogenic. Lovely lady, one of the best I've met on the bike. Lovely lady, lovely lady! Great attitude and personality!


Steve. Now I'm going to be 58 soon and I know this guy is older than I am. But these guys are my idols. Just an ordinary guy Steve is but he is lickity split on the bike. If I'm riding hard and ease off for a second, he'll fly by me like I'm standing still. I know he is older but love it! I have lived my life around people who are couch potatoes at 25 telling me that I will be too old and tired to exercise when I reach 30. But here I am, still riding at 58 and guys like Steve give me a different outlook on life and hope that I can continue on for several more years. Yay to these guys and boo to those who told me that I would have a hard time getting out of bed when I'm 30. They can live the Life of Suck! I'm following Steve!


Steve and Nadine!


My old beater MTB but hey, I was rolling!



No comments:

Post a Comment