Friday, January 15, 2021

Thursday Night Ride

 25 miler with the group at 16.4 average speed. Garmin is correct to what I see but Strava jacked me .2 this time, wow! But a fast group tonight. I actually hung back and even rode at the back with Nadine letting the others fly away. But we regrouped at the bowling alley on Bonita. After that, I applied some pressure ha ha ha! Nothing wrong with crushing a few souls along the way ha ha ha!


There is a sign on the Mountain Ave climb. I rode it one time with a guy on my wheel and the digital speed read out said 11 MPH. The guy was shocked that we were going so fast up a climb that is about a mile (?) But last night, there was a fast lady and putting on some pressure, I ended up right behind her as she went around and pulled away from the group. Got to the sign and it said 14 MPH! :-O

Wow, she was flying up the hill and I was able to stay with her. The last 50 yards or so, I was dying ha ha ha! But I wanted to stay with her to the top knowing there was a regroup point. Somehow I managed to hang on and as we reached the top, I said thanks for the tow but she kept going as I pulled over to regroup. Hmm, then the other rolled up and rolled through. OK, so now I have to catch up ha ha ha! Not too many people follow the plan when it gets going hot. And it was hot last night. Most of the group seemed to be racing. Supposed to be a nice ride for all but it's getting to the point where, if you slack or not a strong rider, you ain't keeping up. Good ride but I think a few riders have shown up lately and said, forget this! But it ain't my ride so I can't control it. 

But a good strong ride for everyone, lots of PR's and I think this may be my fastest time on this ride. 


But hey, I told you I get to ride with beautiful women! I will take a pic one by one cause if I take a pic of all them together, you guys would probably have a heart attack ha ha ha!







No comments:

Post a Comment