Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Solo Night Ride Chilly 43

 25 miles at 15.1 average speed tonight. Wanted to beat the rain, actually wanted to ride my bike. Been feeling so good so I figure I'd keep it rolling. Last night's ride was cancelled after some gnarly weather but today was much nicer. I thought about riding earlier but thought Mom had plans. I guess not so by the time the clock hit 4 PM, I wanted to do some kind of riding.

So I headed out tonight solo on the Ladies and Gents course. I did wrap up pretty good but bouncing equipment bags around, I messed up and forgot my gloves. OMG, my hands were freezing and burning the first 5 miles or so. I thought about turning around but hey, I'm Mr. Beanz ha ha ha! Actually I know it warms up a bit just west of Town Ave on Baseline for some reason. So by the time I was at the Foothill connection, the hands were feeling better. But a good reminder for next time, MAKE SURE TO PACK THE GLOVES ON A COLD NIGHT!! Actually I am real good about it and I would say this is my second time in 23 years I have forgotten my gloves. Sadly, on the coldest night ever!

But anyway, man I felt good! Maybe my fitness is starting to come back with all the riding over the last few months.

                                                    My horsey tonight! Felt really good!


Of course I was wrapped up pretty good other than my hands ha ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment