Saturday, August 3, 2019

GMR Fat Bastard Ride Again

Climbed GMR for the 5th week in a row, I think. Today was a bit cooler in the morning. I started at 6:30 or so. Soooo much nicer and much better than the 90 degree temps I've been encountering the last few weeks. I actually felt better today, though only taking a minute off my time from last week. Still slow! I think 1:22. I guess I am getting old and fat and the 56 minute time I did to the shack is a 10 year old memory now. But who knows, 1:06 about 3 years ago so maybe some of it will come back. Heck, I guess I should be happy just making it up.

I did see a little group roll by right as I was getting ready to start. I passed one guy about 3 miles up. Right as I was about to catch him, he shouted," let's do GMR they said, it will be fun!!!". I'm taking it he was not happy ha ha! As I rolled by I asked, "how you doin'?". He said horrible! I told him to be patient and just take his time, you can make it! I'm guessing he didn't. But the vets know it gets a little better further up the mountain. I'm guessing he hasn't learned that yet. I felt bad for the guy but at the same time, I was happy to pass somebody on GMR after my performances the last few weeks ha ha! I'll take it! But to my surprise, I ended up catching another rider. Hey, that's improvement!

But I did my usual ride to Peacock Saddle, 13 miles up with just about 3,022 ft of gain. Actually 2600 but getting another 400 on the return. The downhill, is not all downhill ha ha!

The temp at the top of my climb was only 78, I'll take that too! So much more comfortable. I don't even think I was sweating at the top. My hair damp under my helmet but no dripping face, arms, or legs. So much better for the bugs, though I do use bug repellent.

Anyway, I had a good day, felt good! Decided to make a little video today seeing as I don't much anymore. Just something to fiddle with!



I did do a little shout out to Mark's Bike Shop. Owned by a buddy Mark Hebert, shop in Rancho. Baseline right next to the trail crossing. Newer location.



No comments:

Post a Comment