Sunday, August 4, 2019

Recovery Ride with Gina

Increased the mileage for Gina just a little bit. 35 miles at 15.6 average speed. She did finish a little stronger too, no fading at the end so that is a good sign. Rode with Jose who sat at the back for the entire ride. He offered to take the front but I stay at the front to pace Gina steadily.

Along the way, we did pick up a couple of riders who hopped on the bike for a few miles. Then of course, sprint around. One guy stayed on till the last couple of miles to the coast. What a cheeseball. If  you fade like a little bitch in the wind but recover after you get help, why not offer to take the front if you think you're strong? Rather than showing that you can sprint away after you recover. I know I was really impressed, WOW! Cheeseball! I hope he's on Strava so I can look up his overall average. Can't be that impressive if we easily caught him in the wind.

Yup, he's on Strava. Ass hole did his ride .1 faster than we did our ride. All that for what? He was going slow when we caught him. He drafted a few miles so it lifted his pace. Then he took off the last mile or so. Too bad we caught the dumb ass, he would have had a lower average than his Lance like blazing time trial speed!

Too many asshats on the trail. As I have said before, the riders on GMR must be the real deal. I never have anybody draft me then sprint around looking back like Lance. Pretty much everybody rides up and does what they can. No macho BS! The bad ass guys ride by and shout, "GOOD JOB!!".

I don't know, I can't figure out the a holes on the trail. I know if I am riding, doing my very best, and another rider goes by, I keep my pace and do what I CAN DO!! I don't feel the need to suck wheel then try to impress the guy that just helped me by proving I can drop him. Though we weren't trying to catch him, that's all in his own little mind, cheeseball!

So anyway, got in a nice steady ride. After doing GMR yesterday, I felt really comfortable today. So hopefully the legs are coming back. First couple of weeks doing GMR, the little ramps on the trail challenged me ha ha! Today was much better so that too is a good sign that hopefully some fitness is returning to my old aging body ha ha!

Gina wanted me to take a pic of her to show everyone how white her hair is turning ha ha! Gina wants me to take her pic? Who am I to argue?




Spoiled little Gina. We get back to the truck and it's hot. Does she ride up to the truck? NO! I have to walk over to grab her bike while she sits in the shade. Then load her bike while I sweat and she watches.


Not only that, I have to take her shoes over to her. I pack up the equipment, bikes, and everything else, sweating like a dog so she can sit in the shade to cool off! Wassup with that?


About 15 miles in! Sunscreen but as my Mom said, I'm turning to chocolate ha ha!



I'm not one for tattoos but...... wait, are there tats in the pic? :-P



Tony was there, had a short little chat as usual. Disclaimer: No way Mrs. Tony was Mr. Tony checking out the lady's boobs. I was but he wasn't. Seriously he was looking at the strange homeless dude standing behind her. I look at boobs, he looks at homeless guys! ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment