Thursday, August 1, 2019

Chino Boxing Club Staff Shoot

I was invited a while back to shoot pics of boxers at Chino Boxing Club. I took a few shots but then the supervisor put a stop to it. Told the staff member that invited me that I could not shoot pics of the clients. Mmmm OK! So I stopped, he apologized and not one other person in the place had a problem with it. The trainers, the coaches, facility manager, staff members were good with it, I met them all.

But the supervisor had a stick up her butt I guess and stopped us. That was OK, I was just about done anyway. The guy who invited me was pretty upset so he looked into the issue and told me he was going to write some letters and find out what the deal was!

So a month or two later, I get a call asking if I can take pics of their open house. The staff, chamber of commerce, and the Chino City Councilman asked if they could get a pic together. Sure!

I went in, met everyone, all nice btw, and even shared appetizers with them.  Councilman spoke to me for a while as my Mom's side of the family is all from Chino. Turns out he knows me Mom and all her brothers, all 6 of them. Gave me his personal email and said I could contact him at any time if I need something. OK, that was cool! One dude in the  pic is the mayor of Chino. :-P

So anyway, they said they wanted a couple of pics, so here they are! :-P

The reason for the open house was that they received a California Legislature Assembly award for nonprofit business of the year.








No comments:

Post a Comment