Saturday, August 24, 2019

GMR to Peacock Saddle with Mike

26 miles with 3,173 ft of gain today with Mike. Mike usually does the shack but had asked me if I would ride up with him and pace him for a little more distance. I don't race my way up to the shack as I usually go further. If I raced to the shack, I'd be pooped by the time I got there so I just pace in "make it up" mode ha ha!

So he liked my pace and said it was a very nice ride and loved that we went further than just the shack. Plus I took another minute of my time off to the shack. Not that I am racing but going up each time shows some improvement. Getting back on the mountain and doing a little more challenging rides will naturally bring back some strength and speed. Well hopefully, I am getting old ha ha! Can't believe we are rolling up on 60. :-O

So anyway, we both felt pretty good. So we said next time we'd hit the high point which I believe is 17 miles up (?).  We should have enough water to hit that point and back. Being a bit more careful lately as the temps were supposed to soar again today. Supposed to be 95 in Glendora so we started early. Average temp today of 78 and high of 86 so not that hot. AND we were happy about that ha ha!

But supposed to be 95, Mike asked if we should start at 9:00. Uhhh NO! Meet me here at our place then I'll drive you to GMR so we can start about 6:30. Makes a huge difference.

Nice ride and as always, lots of friendly climbers!

I did see that dude Rick Burneson from Rebel Riders in OC. I said hello as he rolled by while taking a break at Peacock Saddle. He said hi back but I don't think he recognized me. Or he didn't want to say hi ha ha! You know how forum members are ha ha!







No comments:

Post a Comment