Thursday, June 25, 2020

25 miles at 15.7 average speed tonight on the Ladies and Gents Ride. Things are getting faster out here. Bigger group too. Nice evening rides. Mike showed up for the first time tonight and enjoyed it!

Got a chance to kick back a bit after the ride and chat with the Gents. So I snapped a few pics while I could.

Upland to Covina and back.

One dude was a total dick though. Some guy thought he was a bad ass, I guess! He shot out of the gate pulling the group at the front. I was back not in the pack but I heard someone say he was strong and pulling the group for a bit. No problem, I believe you.

Later I got blocked out by some chick who was fading and I was at the back on this section. Then the group split and I got a red light. I tried to catch the front group after having got blocked and a red light. I gained some but couldn't quite then some dude came around calls himself Marky Mark. He was strong. He went around me when I was at a red light, timed perfectly. So I pushed and got on his wheel. He was rolling! I stayed on his wheel till right before we caught the lead group. I couldn't hold his wheel rolling fast, maybe 24. I popped about 40 yards before we reached the lead group turning up heading up Glendora Ave. But I kept pushing up the hill and almost caught them but got another freaking red light.

But there was a quick regroup, at Cienega and Glendora, the 1 minute I needed to get back up. So we head across Cienega which is a gradual climb. Nothing steep but man, a 3 mile stretch that tests your lungs and legs. Couple guys ahead of me but I reel them in. One is a cool guy I met on SART couple weeks back. So I go around him then the dude who thought he was really something. Not sure what happened to him but big man was now fading and I was passing him. No big deal but the dude hops on my wheel and drafts me for about 1/4 mile recovering as there was also a headwind.

So he recovers, I guess then pulls up on my left side. Thinking he is going to pass me, I took his wheel in return. As I do he points to his right and says, "ride right here on my side!". OK, what!

So I tell the dude when I went passed him, he took my wheel. He didn't say anything. I said, did you or did you not draft me? He wouldn't answer so I said , wow I must be mistaken then because I saw you on my wheel. He didn't say anything and would not answer. OK dick head! I just rolled along his side and tried to punish him because he was trying real hard to match me ha ha! I have no problem with it as I  ride that way most the time but I was pushing hard. He kept looking at my face and of course, I  used the poker face with a grin to make him think I was just cruising haha! But he was a dick head and no way was I going to let him take my wheel, and he probably knew he couldn't even if he wanted to at that point knowing I'd give him a bunch of shit after he acted like a dick head. So it was actually kind of fun pushing the pace and playing the game putting him under pressure to keep up ha ha!



The video








Ricky, always clowning!






Genaro


Genaro and Eric J


Tom The Man


Mike seemed a little tired after the ride


Erik P.



Javier



2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Beanz, Great video of your ride. I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed it when you captured the inline skater who was able to keep up with you. It was extra fun to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jimbo! It was almost as if he was waiting at the corner for a rider to race. I'm not sure. He was standing there waiting then when I arrived, he turned around and started heading up hill (gradual ascent,2.2% at the steepest). He was doing pretty good for going uphill. Once he was out of my recorder view, he slowed down immensely. But I thought it would be something different. I almost eliminated it to save on music time, one less song but figured, what the heck, something different! :-P

    ReplyDelete