Monday, June 22, 2020

Cheap Azz Vented Hemet Strap (fixed)

So I get so pissed knowing that people take advantage of other people. I do my best to be nice but every now and then I run across someone that screws other people and I feel I need to answer back!

I've had great luck on ebay buying all kinds of stuff but there is always that one or two. I have made about 20 purchases and the last 2 were the butt faces. First a guy called game-jmt. I orderd a small hand held tripod handle to use on my rides as a hand held type mount instead of this little 4 inch tripod I use that actually works really well. Just this alum handle looked pretty cool Only $10. But I bought an alum buckle mount for $4, an alum short extension connector and tripod adapter for $4 (set), then the handle I wanted most of all. So my order arrives, my ebay says it was delivered but I only received the small items. WTH!

So I contact ebay and they file a claim. Seller answers and apologizes over and over. OK, how can we settle this he asks. For one, as soon as I ordered the handle, it vanished from the seller list. So I guess he may be out of stock at this point! So I said if possible, he can send a handle which was my original order or he could send me a couple of things that would be repeat items for me, since I liked them and one other item for about $4 that would make up the difference. That would mean I am losing about a buck but no big deal. More concerned about getting something for my money, the $10.

He says he will send the handle and the other items to keep me happy. OK, but sir, I do not expect anything more than what I paid for being the kind person I am. He says he will look into it and send me something one way or another. Days go by, no response. OK, am I waiting for something in the mail? Am I just sitting here like a moron waiting for nothing? So I send him a message and ask about the solution. NO ANSWER! So I send a couple more over the next couple of days. NO ANSWER!

So I send him a message saying I still have a feedback to fill out and I am certainly going to give him a negative review. SO he answers saying he never received my messages. Bull! I have them send a copy to my email as well. So I tell the guy I see he is jerking me around then he apologizes again. So he says this time he will for sure send the items. He says be patient and expect the package. Another few days go by and nothing! Again I message him and he does not respond. A hole!

So I go to the little feedback page and file a claim for an item but only $7, not the $10 and $3 shipping I should receive. Previously, the claim against the $10 item was closed as he sent a message asking me to close the claim as it hurt his business on ebay. I did out of good faith thinking he was going to settle the problem, being the kind guy that I am. But once I closed it, that is when his vanishing act started. Lesson learned! I forgot to mention that earlier, so a little out of sequence.

So I file the new claim then he responds, "really my friend, I was sick in the hospital so forgive me, i will take care of it this time for sure, so sorry!". Yeah, whatever, send my shit! I will, I promise my friend!

No answer next couple of day so I send him a dirty email saying I was going to make a negative video about his sorry ass and post it on youtube. I even sent a link to my video channel on yt and told him his story is going up in the next couple of days if he doesn't take care of the issue. He replies asking me to please not make the video and give him a chance. Seems he is really worried about it, not sure why though I have found a couple of other negative videos against his ebay store. This will be the third that I know of! So hey, it's actually fun for me making videos and giving me a chance to talk trash about some butt face, I'll take it!

So next thing I know, I get a refund notice from ebay saying I was sent a $7 refund for the $13 I spent. This was because I had closed out the larger item and only the $7 item claim was available to me. So I send the guy a message telling him what an ass he is and a crook knowing I lost $13, not $7 because of his dumb ass! So I tell him a few more unpleasant things and tell him that I will give him a chance to send the rest of the money by Monday night (tonight) or I will go on with the video seeing that would be much more entertaining to me than getting back another $6.

Heck, I get the fun of making a video and he gets some negative reviews, maybe lose a few purchases or send back my $6. I'm actually hoping he doesn't though he responded and asked me to not make the video and he will refund my money "later". Whatever that means, Monday as I asked? Some other day when he fucking feels like it? Whatever ass hole, you have till midnight tonight or I start production ha ha! Who cares, if 3 people watch it, I'll be happy. If he loses any business over it, I'll be happy seeing he deserved it. I think I have given him more than enough time to make things right.

 But this next one, Borasell on ebay. Man, ass holes, I'm getting more irritated now thinking back on these jerks. Borasell posted a vented helmet strap for $6. I could get a go pro for $11 but heck, on ebay looking to see what kind of savings I can get. Of course some things you might not care for but in this case, the idiot posted pics of a go pro type helmet strap with the clip type securing system. So looking at the imagaes, one would think it was the same style but it is not!

So I order it, along with another actual go pro strap from another seller for the $11. Go pro is what is says from that seller, forgot who at this moment. But the Borasell strap comes and it is the stupid strap through buckle style I was trying to avoid. Damn, not a deal after all seeing the seller is an ass hole advertising with images he should not be using that are deceiving.

So I look up some videos on how to mount this piece of crap! Some morons showing how to attach it but settling for the bouncing, vibrating, shaking camera on top of the helmet. Really, you ass holes actually have the nerve to post that lousy crap on youtube as instructional videos. Really? If I used my strap like that on my recorder, I would not be able to use any of the footage. If I used it with my light on my helmet, I'd probably crash or blind oncoming drivers. Wow, people amaze me settling for crap!

So I am about to toss the strap but stick it in my bike light box with the other mounts.Give it a couple of days to think.

OK, so the morons on youtube attach the straps threaded through the buckle the way it is shipped ot them, and threaded by the mfg'er. NOW THIS DIDN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME WHEN I WAS TRYING TO FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS. The instructions of the other videos on youtube. Some moron with like 10,000 views on his stupid instructions and like 100 thank you comments from people who were satisfied with the shaky shit. Really? Shaky video, your're happy? YOU guys must be morons too ha ha!

So I start thinking why are the instructional videos pulling the straps across and toward the middle of the helmet? Doesn't make sense! You bump your hands, straps together or you it is not possible to pull toward the recorder or light once it is mounted. The go pro pulls the straps toward the outside.

That's it! I have to remove the straps from their original origin and place them so that they reverse directions and pull toward the outside. SO I did it and it works much better.

Also, I see that the cheap mount doesn't have a rubber backing on it. Well damn! I have this old pair of sandals that I tossed on the upper shelf in the closet for later if I ever needed something of rubber to use as shims for the go pro mounts or something of the sort. So hey, I pull them down and see the rubber on the bottom has a pattern. So I cut a little piece so that one channel is in the center of the rubber block/pad. Perfect seating on the peak of the helmet vent cross bar of the helmet. Not flat spots on top of the helmet, so this v shape will sit perfectly.

I cut it out then also another in the cross direction just in case I can use it that way. Cut about 1 inch square to fit between the straps. Now I can glue it but I chose to just insert it between the helmet and the buckle mount and tighten the straps to squeeze it keeping in place, for now. I tried it and it worked. I'll glue it later if I feel like it but it works anyway. Just keeping options open for now.

So I reversed the straps so that I could pull in a direction that makes sense, insert a rubber block with a v cut out to fit the shape of the helmet peak, and all is good! I can shake my head violently forward and backward, left to right, and no play or slop like the other instructional videos. So unless you're trying to shake your head so hard you get a migraine on the bike, this is perfect.

I guess I just don't get people, I have also read many reviews on parts such as those little alum connectors for go pro, extension, arms whatever you want to call them. I read one bad review  a part that said the threads are on the wrong side. REALLY!? The part is symmetrical left to right other than the treads on one side. Flip it around dumb ass.

Another guy took off a couple of stars on the aluminum thumb screws because they came with a wrench to tighten them. So what's the point of buying alum screws if you don't plan to use them to secure your recorder properly? Wow!

So this is my video on the helmet strap and how I threaded the strap to correct the problem, and the little rubber block. Only makes sense after having a couple of go pro straps that actually work as designed.





No comments:

Post a Comment