Sunday, June 14, 2020

Half Group Ride on SART


26 miles at 17.0 average speed. Erik tried to get a ride going so I figured it would be a good idea to take Gina to see how she did around the other gals. She did great! We rode with them to the coast but did the return alone, just the 2 of us. Kind of windy but not too bad.

Gina was happy and did really well. The group tends to start out a bit unorganized so we just sat back and watched what was going on. Then after a few miles, a warm up, and seeing what was going on, we took the front and set the pace. Kept it pretty well together while trying to set a steady pace so all could stay on. I think the other gals were having a bit of a problem for a bit but they caught on and were doing well.

Well, the final 1/4 mile (?) Erik took the front and picked it up a bit. He said he saw me fading, the last 1/4 ??? OK, anyway, he got up front and picked up the effort.  He ended up dropping the other 2 women but Gina stayed on. I know when it gets windy the effort increases but anybody who knows me, knows if I can pull for the entire length of the trail, the final 1/4 ain't going to hurt ha ha! Anyway I guess Erik felt like getting in front and my plan of keeping all together was blown at the end. Gina heard Erik say he saw me fading so he took the front. Later Gina told me, you weren't fading, he just wanted to get in front at that point. But that happens too often with other riders. I have my thoughts, like you can't fail now so.........

Anyway, it was good to roll back doing our thing! We had a 16.4 at the coast so the tailwind helped us get the 17.0 we were talking about but not expecting. Either way, a good ride once you figure out what the others are doing. Well, I like to get in front and set the pace so I know what we're doing ha ha! Works for me!








                                                      Gina and I are a Trek family ha ha!


Just sitting on the back of the group waiting


Sitting in the back thinking, WTH ha ha!









No comments:

Post a Comment