Saturday, June 20, 2020

Solo Like A Cholo Whirlwind Ride on SART

Thought it would be a nice ride today but nope! Freaking wind, whirlwinds on the return. I had an easy 16.5 by the time I reached the coast, after 31 miles or so. So thinking a 17.0 with a tailwind for the last 14 miles or so, should be easy. NOPE!

43 solo miles at 16.5 average speed. Same as at the coast but I had to fight pretty hard to keep it! Stinking wind on the way back. Don't get me wrong, I like riding in the wind but just disappointed wanting a 17.0 today. But the freaking wind was hard, not sure if it shifted but one of those days that it is windy both ways. Heck, a  couple of whirlwinds on the way back throwing dirt in my face. The further I got back, the harder it seemed. Now that sucked hoping the wind would die down then I could pick it up. NOPE, never happened!

But I did run into Dave at the coast. With his daughter. Hadn't seen Dave in years. He was part of the Bob & Dave Duo that we saw frequently on the trail. But I guess Bob moved so they don't see each other much at all any longer. Good thing was Dave had his daughter out there riding. I think it had to be a 25 miler starting from Orangewood. Good to see Dave again. Sadly he had some medical problems, same as my Mom. Diverticulitis. Heck, did I spell that correctly? :-O

So anyway, he had a major op to take care of it. The one that the docs were afraid to perform on my  Mom when she got sick thinking she would not make it. So for Dave to go through that and be on a bicyclist, Bad Man Dave! New name for Dave cause that is totally awesome to go through that and have the determination to get back on the bike.

So anyway, a reminder today of how much I actually like riding alone. I like riding with the group for fun but riding solo, can't beat it. Riding with the group is fun like I say but it gets old. I love the freedom of doing what I want, when I want, at my will.

New seat pack, well a few years old but never used it. Mine started tearing so I slapped this sucker on. I think it slowed me down in the wind, it is so big ha ha!


Early in the ride, dark. But that changed rather quickly!


Dave and his daughter. Sorry I don't remember her name. :-O




After the ride. A little beat and disappointed, but the wind ha ha!


Still not sure why the female types see a need to go into a little stall together. There ought to be a law against that ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment