Saturday, June 27, 2020

43 miles w/Tony

Wow, talk about death! Many know how many family members we have lost in the last year or two. Add another to the list. Not even a year ago my younger cousin of 47 died of a heart attack. Rough life and bad choices. But today, about 6 pm, another cousin passed away. My 62 year old cousin who looked really healthy. Just retired, had a good thing going and now, boom! So sad, life is short. One of my best cousins that I played with for years and years as a young child. Sweet Journey Bobby! :-/



43 miles at 17.0 average speed with Tony on the trail. Not bad considering we rode side by side most the time chatting. I wanted an earlier start seeing we usually start around 10:30-11:00 am when the wind is already kicking up. I had actually planned to do GMR aiming to get up at 5 am. But the stupid neighbors and their thumping music playing till 1 am doesn't help. I'm not sure if it was 1 am because that is when I fell asleep. Not sure how these people can have 3 day long birthday parties with the social distancing going on. People drive me nuts! Around here, the Mexican people shoot off the professional type fireworks all day and night long. Wow, and the cops don't do crap about it! Same with the loud noise! I have called the cops up to 6 times in one night because the neighbors crank up their sound systems crazy loud. You can hear the thumping of their sound systems from one side of our house to the other inside with double pane windows. I can put on earphones (not ear buds) but the cover the ear type with the large pad and still I can hear the sound thumping. One neighbor 5 houses away plays it so loud that I think they have a live band. Not only do they play all day, but all night till 8 am at times. I call the cops and they don't do a thing, don't show 8 out of 10 times. No wonder this world is screwed. Their are laws and rules but none of these illegals feel they need to follow them.

So I aimed for the early start but woke up at 5 am feeling like I blinked my eyes. Having a little fun last nigh, if you know what I mean, didn't help either ha ha!. Harder to get up in the morning. So I let Tony know I was going on the trail after all. Told him I'd meet him at ARTIC at 8 am. But I get on the freeway and they are doing construction. Great, bumper to bumper for about 6 miles going 5 mph. I could have got my bike from the back of the truck and rode faster than traffic ha ha! So yeah, I arrived at almost 8:30 thanks to traffic.

But we headed out early enough so that the wind was not too tough. Maybe closer to the coast we hit a stiffer headwind but not too bad. The way back was a tailwind I thought. I heard others say it was more of a side wind and not a tailwind but hey, it didn't hurt me too much so it's all good ha ha!

I would like to think that riding more is paying off but it could be there is less of a headwind earlier in the morning.

Did run into Joaquin and Rhio at the beach. Then Rhio rolled up to the parking lot a bit after we arrived. I thought for sure he would catch us after saying he was heading back right after us. Guy averages like 23 alone so I thought for sure but the tailwind must have helped ha ha!


                                                                               The video





                                                                                 Tony


                                                                           Me


Joaquin









Rhio and Tony



Someone asked if I thought she might be 18. I think so, has to be do grow them big nails ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment