Sunday, July 26, 2020

Nice Easy Sunday Ride with Gina

26 miles at 16.0 average speed. Well I figured my legs would be toast today after yesterday's 60 but I actually felt pretty good once I got on the bike. Of course trying to keep track of everything, I forgot my jersey so I had to call on that one that has been sitting behind my truck seat for 2 years ha ha! yeah, that old cheap Performance jersey. Well, used to be cheap. I think I got a few for $9 to $19 bucks just to have a jersey to carry my camera a few years ago. I say used to be cheap because the last time I saw the prices, they were like $29. You kidding me!? Back then I thought something must be wrong with Perf and they did close down. I think they were trying to soak everyone they could before they closed the stores ha ha!

So anyway, I thought I would use today as a nice recovery ride but the silly wind wasn't cooperating. Pretty stiff headwind to the coast. Gina said she got winded a couple of times but she did well. On the little steep ramp after the 405 she kept up with me on the little climb. I did back off to save my legs but she rarely keeps up with me on the one, even when I try to let her ha ha! But today she did so even though I backed off, I think she did well.

Ran into Bad Bob at the coast right as we were leaving so we had a short chat there then he decided to ride back with us. So we rode side by side chatting most of the way back. Gina said it was nice, maybe thinking a little kinky ha ha! She said, "that was nice, 2 big guys and me in the middle!!". :-O I had to tease her about that one and she got a good laugh out of it ha ha!

There was a stiff headwind on the way to the coast though. So we were just making our way and stopped into Edna Park for a real quick stretch. As soon as we rolled out, some dude went flying by. About 200 yards on the other side of the wooden bridge, we passed him and he was really fading and suffering. We rolled by and he jumped on the back.  After a short bit, I motioned with my arm for him to go ahead of us. As he rolled by I explained that Gina has an ill son and we didn't want to take any chances riding with strangers we didn't know. He was like OK but said he was enjoying the draft.

Yeah I know he was ha ha! But honestly, I get tired of wheel suckers. So many that want to suck wheel then race around once they recover. I'm really getting tired even with people I know honestly. There have been too many times that I fall back or let someone suck my wheel so they can recover, I'm talking people I am riding with, then they suck wheel and instead of helping, they roll around and take off!  OKAY, really people?!

I'm trying to help and they do that crap? I can't figure out if it's that they don't udnerstand what's going on? Do they think I was at the front and that I was fading? C'mon, I'm letting you suck my wheel to help you out and when you recover, that doesn't mean you are stronger! WTH! You recovered and though you feel better, you aren't going to sprint around the stronger rider and leave him behind. SO frustration!  I have to say that I was pulling some people, one or two got brave then took off going around the pace line. REALLY?! I know in a few minutes, I'll be rolling around them again. I really can't figure it out! I help you, you take off, you fade then I help you again? Do you EVER think, HE HELPED ME AND MAYBE I SHOULD HELP HIM IN RETURN?! I guess people have too much EGO to really try riding together. My thoughts are, the stronger rider helps you. After you recover and feel all bad ass, you take the front and do what you can to help out rather than thinking you're too bad ass and the guy that just helped you out is fading. He's not fading, he just knows how to control the pace so he doesn't fade. But people don't think.  I'm just getting so sick of it and it sure is so much nicer riding alone. Or with one or two riders who have the mentality to understand!

Honestly, I'd rather ride with 1 or 2 guys with a plan than a bunch of clowns. And this guy today I am more than sure he would turn out to be a clown with the same pea brain mentality.  I can do without that so I just stopped and let the fool get a few minutes ahead. You know, recently I was riding with a person who was sucking wheel and made a comment that this day would be their best average ever. I had been in front for 5 miles maybe, riding with others taking turns but not this one rider. I moved over so that this person could help out. The rider said, oh no, then pulled off the front. Well that didn't help at all and I was back at the front. I guess the boasting about your best doesn't mean anything to me unless you help out vs being a total wheel sucker!

There are just too many clowns on the bike. Gina and I passed some guys on the way to the coast. Doing a really slow pace. I guess they didn't remember that but on the way back, right about the 22 fwy, we rolled by them again doing the same exact pace. Then 30 seconds later, they come rolling around us and one guy shouts at us, "WELL, I GUESS MY BREAKTIME IS OVER!!!". Ha ha ha what a clown. I guess he was happy that he passed us while we were just cruising. I sure was hoping he'd post on strava so I could see what his real average would end up. I'm guess in 13 if that. Clown ha ha ha! I honestly think some guys are threatened when a woman passes them.

Edit: Yeah, just found these guys on strava. As I thought, the idiots did a 15.3 average speed. I guess it's always impressive to pass somebody's wife ha ha ha!

                                               Red is the color today! Red top and flowers.


The 2 year behind the seat jersey


Let's stop for a few minutes so the wheel sucker has a chance to pull away.


Joaquin



Bad Bob


Bad Bob and a masked bandit


Feeling good after the ride


So I'm guessing you guys won't believe that is our Mercedes.


A Trek family


No comments:

Post a Comment