Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Tuesday Night Sleeper Ride

10 easy mile at 12.1  Man, my legs have been burning over the last 3 rides or so. I could feel them burning so I thought it might be a good time for a really easy ride, real easy. I almost felt myself push a couple of times but backed off quickly knowing I needed a really easy spin to move the lactic acid.

So I did, took some discipline I would say to control oneself.  Eerily quiet this night. Only saw a couple of trucks vs the non stop flow I usually see in this area. But I was good with that. It was nice to get in a super cool easy ride.

                                 Clowning around giving myself a reason to go easy.



The hardest thing I did this evening was set the 10 second timer, shove off, turn around, get up to speed for a no hands pose ha ha! Really sucks this camera. Pics are decent but unlike my previous camera had timer setting choices of 10, 30, or 1 minute selections . This one is a PIA ha ha!

BTW, when I ride a longer or more difficult ride at night, like GMR, I wear these ankle bands. I wear one on Thursday night rides. But both on some rides.I noticed driving up the avenue that I could see the little tiny reflectors on the walking shoes of walkers etc. So I figured that I would give the ankle bands a try. I use the larger tri color bands. After 2 minutes, you don't even remember they are there. But the little shoe reflectors on the back of walking shoes is a real eye catcher so I knew these would really be noticeable. I think front and back lights are good for traffic approaching from behind or ahead. But I feel safer wearing these for traffic approaching from the side at intersections.

I think they really light up and with the motion of the pedal stroke, I feel good about it. Really funny that some people on cycling forums will argue that they don't help or make a difference at all, and they say they are not noticeable. OK, what!? So I have had a couple of riders on the night rides ask about the reflectors and said they notice them so there, ha ha ha!

You can see it on my right ankle. If I only wear one, it's on my right seeing that traffic usually approaches quicker from the right as we ride on the right side of the road. Other riders have said my lights are bright but look at the ankle band vs the light! And that is a still image, imagine it with motion!


Who says I can't sleep and ride my bike? Yes, sleeping pics were taken while sleeping, riding with no hands, and taking the pics he he he!




Practicing my handling skills. Standing no hands and holding my arms straight out the side and raising the camera above my head to take the pics. I did pretty good, I just might join a circus when this pandemic thing is over ha ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment