Sunday, August 9, 2020

26 with Gina

 Nice good ride today, 26 miles at 16.5 average speed. Nice day and at the end, Gina said she felt strong. It was windy so I tried not to go too hard conserving energy, that's what I do. But after the coast, heading back it seemed almost as windy as it was heading to the coast. I always think it is windy but when some of the strong guys say it's windy, then I know it is true. The dude Rheo, fast guy on the trails said he thought it was windy and affecting his ride so I know it's not just me ha ha!


Ran into Bad Bob at the coast, as well as Rheo. Had a good chat with both then headed back. Only to find more wind ha ha! I could have went harder leaving the coast but after yesterday, I wanted to make sure I had enough to get back ha ha! Around the soccer fields I felt the wind ease up a bit so we cruised about 17.5 for a bit. I thought it was all good so we could kick it up a bit but 2 minutes later, the headwind was back, darnit! But that is the way the cookie crumbles.

So at one point after Edan Park, I felt a little tired so I thought maybe Gina might be too. So I looked back and there she is, looking like she could pass me and drop me if she wanted ha ha! So I knew I could pick it up a little more aiming for a 16.5. Heck, better than last week. She's been getting better and better every week so that's a good thing!





No comments:

Post a Comment