Saturday, August 22, 2020

Hot Ride Wheel Sucking ha ha!

 Hot Ride today, 40 miles at 16.6 average speed. Yes, that is a banana in Joaquin pocket but I was the one happy to see him today ha ha! 😆😄😆 I started out solo and wanted to do 50 but man it was hot! After the 7 mile warm up to Imperial, it was already 98 degrees and my legs were feeling stiff. Maybe the heat, maybe the plumbing job ha ha, but I was feeling it. So I made my way toward the coast then ran into Joaquin at Edna Park. I was already beat and it didn't seem he was leaving so we ended up heading out together. He said he would hold it down and he did. So that was cool and helped me a lot! But then at the coast, ran into another friend named Rheo. I knew I was in trouble cause now I have to ride with Rheo and Joaquin, both guys are speed demons. We headed back and I think they held it down somewhat as I held on average 21 miles per hour on the last 10 miles of my ride. One section was just about 23 MPH for the 7 1/2 miles bridge to bridge. We were moving pretty good but I didn't offer any help knowing today was not my day. Joaquin pulled ahead about 2 miles before his stop. He lifted the pace so I dropped back a bit having to hold my pace which was about 21 and Joaquin doing about 23 at that point. Strange thing was that Rheo fell back a bit. I know he was on a 60 miler. I saw him so I picked it up a bit figuring he was waiting for me. I actually was able to recover some as we approached Edna Park. Rheo is really fast and had to stop at Edna park to get water. I was good so I kept on. I figured he might stop get water then try to catch me as we were parked at the same place. So I gave it my all to keep the pace up. My segments were anywhere from 18 to 21 on the last 2+ miles and he didn't catch me ha ha! I'm not sure if he tried or not but the norm is, he's going to catch you ha ha!


Why was I so sore? I replaced the faucet in the kitchen. Mom wanted to pay a cousin $150 to replace it. Good cousin in law, good work, not like the other one. But he was busy this week so she looked up a plumber.

Up to $190 to install, if removing old faucet and installing new on, could run up to $275. Holy crap! So I looked up some youtube videos, some direction on the net, and did it myself. Mom was willing to pay but hey man, that is a lot of cash. So she offered to pay me the money.

Nah, I did it and was paid with an enchilada dinner ha ha! I can't soak my own mother ha ha! So I got it done and it looks good! But imagine a 260 pound dude trying to fit under the sink to reach those really tight spots where the hose/faucet connections hide. Luckily my Dad had that little extension hose tool hiding in the storage shed. Really helped. But laying on the wood, trying to squeeze into one cupboard size door is a job for a contortionist, which I am not! Then disconnecting the hoses, of course I had jars, towels for the water but as one would guess, it goes straight into my face and all I can do is turn my head so the hose empties directly into my ear ha ha! But I finally figured out how to get the nuts and hardware loose. It worked, $275 saved! And now I have the experience of swapping out the faucet. :-)

But it really tore me up. Lots of scrapes on the hands, couple of sensitive annoying small cuts that you know are going to burn on the bike ha ha! The bad part is my hip is sore, two areas on my back are sore. Later that night after a shower, I lay on the bed and oh my, felt like I was laying on baseballs. Pretty tender but surprised no black and blue on my back. So that is my excuse for today, sore legs, battered and bruised but I survived ha ha!


Well Sunday came and went without a ride. So hot on Saturday I figured Gina didn't need the heat on Sunday. So we stayed in bed and cuddled ha ha! We did manage to get out for lunch and dinner. With a little visit to Macy's Been so long since we've been there, or the mall. I heard the mall may open around Sept 20th. So far away but it would be nice to go for a stroll again. So we did some window shopping at Macy's today for a stretch. Hopefully it cools down so, but maybe not! :-P




But it looks good and I got a couple enchiladas out of it! And saved $275




Joaquin. Ran into him at Edna Park and he wasn't leaving alone so I knew it. But he did keep it down helping me a lot!


That is a banana in his pocket but today, I was happy to see him ha ha!   


After the first 7 miles, already 99 in Yorba



                                        The first 7 mile warm up, I was warm ha ha!



102 after the first 17 miles


Ran into Rheo at the coast too. I'm in trouble, both these guys are speed demons.


Rheo did 60 so a mile before Edna, Joaquin pulled away. Rheo I think waited for me or was tired being on a 60 miler. But we did the last mile together. He stopped at Edna to get water and figured he'd try to catch me on the last 2 miles to ARTIC as we parked in the same place. So I kept going and tried to keep the speed high so he wouldn't catch me ha ha! He didn't but I don't even really know if he tried. I was just trying to make sure he didn't as a fun little game ha ha! And he wasn't on his aero bike, that thing is fast!


Helmet hair, but hey, at 57, happy to have hair!


Some gals know how to show their best assets.



I'm not a fan of e-bikes but some of them don't look too bad!


So is that little hat supposed to provide shade?


No comments:

Post a Comment