Thursday, August 27, 2020

Nice Easy 10 Mile Stretch

 Nice easy 10 mile stretch tonight at 13.7 average speed. Just relaxing working the bugs out of the legs and fighting the old age ha ha! Hoping for a solo 50 miler this weekend then a shorter ride with Gina on Sunday. I like this program. Ride a little harder on Tuesday, then easier on Thursday getting the legs ready for a longer weekend ride. I was doing harder rides on Thursdays but it was wearing my legs out for weekend rides. So it felt like I was really having a hard time on longer rides. I think this will work better. Plus, riding alone during the week is so much safer than riding with a group. A little tired of people getting close to taking out my front wheel and those who risk their lives blowing red light intersections just to stay ahead of the group. Thanks but I'll return to my own safe little ride now. Feel so much better doing my own thing and less frustrating.


I did dig out some jerseys I had at the back of the closet. I think I wore them once or twice about 4 years ago. I bought them for night rides but don't really care for the fit as it is the big man fit from Aerotech. Really weird design. I guess they work well if you're built like a pear. I'm big but I guess I don't quite have the shape to fill these out so it's like riding with a jersey that fits good around the shoulders but like a tent around my waist. 3 XL feel good around the shoulders but feels kind of yucky on me. I should have returned them way back when but hey, I got orange for night rides ha ha! Plus solo night rides, who cares what you look like? Not to mention I wear the shorts that still have a good chamois but wear thin in the back. Not many cars go by so I'm guessing not many people see my butt crack at night ha ha!

                                                     Nice and easy relaxing ride!


Got my Halloween colors on!


All you monsters, turn your lights on! Recognize that line? ;-)


What a poser ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment