Sunday, August 30, 2020

Short Ride with Gina

 26 miles at 16.4 average speed according to Garmin. Nice day, not too hot but windy. Well we did start late so I think that has something to do with the wind being a bit stronger. Couple of times heading toward the coast I found the wind slowing me down to about 14 ha ha. Wow, better kick this up but it was tough holding 15.5 in most sections. Once we hit the return thought there would be a big tailwind but nope! Seemed to be somewhat of a headwind as well. Easily holding 17-18 but that was as much as I wanted to do not wanting to push Gina too much since she didn't ride last week.  So it was a nice pace and in the afternoon, not many riders at all.


Ran into Bad Bob at the coast, as well as George who I have had a chance to chat with for a pretty long time! Of course, we have the rich friends who sport Colnagos and we still ride Trek ha ha! Had a pretty good chat with George, mostly cycling so how could it go wrong. I remember meeting George years ago pulling little kids in a baby buggy. Then a few years ago ran into him again and he said the little kids were 16 or so. Wow, that was a few years ago so now, heck, they're probably 21 at least.  Time flies when we're riding bikes! :-P


So after the others left, we headed back and a steady pace just wanting to get in a ride!


                           Smiling not knowing about the headwinds to come ha ha!


Here comes Bad Bob!


Mr. Photogenic


George and his Colnago, and Bad Bob's!



I hate beer but they were representin' today!


Downhill and a no headwind section, time for a pic!


Done!


A little tired and hot after the ride.


My good sport Gina, at least let me see something after pulling you to the beach ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment