Thursday, December 17, 2020

Last Ladies & Gents for 2020

So, another 25 with the group. Final Thurs nite ride with the Ladies & Gents. Nice ride and a pretty good size group. I am not sure but I think about 3 riders were a little too slow on the ride and either turned back or continued on their own. Sad but it is hard for a large group to hold back too much. 

But other than that, a good ride. I am impressed that a couple of riders that I thought really sucked and were a danger, seemed to have shaped up some. or quite a bit. Glad to see this because they had really worried me a few months back. 

Did run into a former, or registered forum poster Dutchboy2 who is actually Rick and one of my buds on Strava. I met him on the road back in about 2005 riding up Euclid Ave and Mt Baldy Rd. This guy is a monster on the bike. He did the Senior Games a while back and still riding strong. One of those guys that when he says he will ride with you, it will be you giving it your all and him soft pedaling ha ha! But a really cool guy who understands cycling and all it's aspects. So it was nice to see Rick again after several years though we always seem to be in touch some way. 

Funny because though I am not on the forums, I have live contact, in person contact and keep in touch with riders from the forums. I bet I have more real forum friends that I see on a regular basis than those people still on the forums trying to keep it alive with  2 or 3 new posts every week ha ha ha! I am not allowed on the forums but I have contact with the real forum people of past years. Kind of stupid on the forum mods' side. So boring there, they should come out and ride with me/us ha ha ha!

Good riding with some of the buddies on this night. Met a couple new friends. One gal, Bev #1 was really strong. I had been pushing pretty good early in the ride then later crossing Scipps and Radcliffe, there was a small group of 3 ahead of us. Bev dropped me so I had to step on the gas to try keeping her in sight. She kept pulling away every time I gained on her.  Finally I passed her just near the end but by then, I was dripping sweat like it was 105 outside. But the temp was only 51 ha ha ha! Strong lady. But she gave me a workout ha ha ha!

It is a little more challenging to ride in a group at night though, keeping your eye on the road. We encountered a dead cat in the bike lane (about 5:20 into the vid). The guy ahead of me signaled the obstacle, then I signaled, but a couple women behind me ran right over it, yuck! It was open pretty good so I was hoping they didn't have any blood or guts on their bikes. :-P

We did stop at the Christmas House in LaVerne on Bonita. Same house with the Halloween set up. Wow, these people go all out for holidays. That's cool and thousands of people drive, walk, and cycle by to see the deco. Nice but too much work for me ha ha ha! 


Nice ride tonight though, had fun and a good time!



The video



                                                        The Christmas House


Lesson in photography. Do not exhale while taking pics on a cool night.


Just me and some deco


Not sure what happened to my face but a good shot of the group.


I always look scared at night ha ha! Actually, this little cheapo $80 point and shoot keeps me wondering if it is going to snap or not ha ha!


The women



No comments:

Post a Comment