Thursday, December 3, 2020

Mostly Solo 30 Miler Claremont to Covina

Mostly solo 30 miles tonight from Claremont to Covina and back. I rode across Baseline and a little up Mills to get in a few extra miles as the course for me is like 22, I needed more toward my goal of 4,000 for the year. Only 390 more I think. 

But I was riding around and figured Erik's group would roll by. So I waited till I saw them go by then I chased them down. I passed all by 2 but they stopped at a regroup but I kept going. Later, I got stopped by the stubborn red light on Arrow and Badillo so they caught back up. So I ended up riding with them for a couple of minutes but then the faster guys took off so I went with them for a bit. Then the 2 faster guys pulled away from the 2 guys in front of me so we fell a bit behind the 2 leaders. I ended up going around the other 2 but once we hit Glendora Ave, the 2 faster guys just pulled away. The others were behind me and stopped to regroup but I kept going just trying to ride through. 

Later it seemed to get really cold on Bonita again. What is it with that area? Trying to ride through but about 27 miles in, I had to stop and take a break ha ha! So I did the self interview thing and let my legs rest a bit. So after a little break, I took off again and finished the ride. My legs still felt a little tired from doing a ride a couple days ago in mostly the same area but heading up Lorraine towards GMR.

Man, I am getting old ha ha! But hey, still out there riding my bike! 30 miles and 13,000 feet of gain, I'll take it!



Passed Erik by the Los Jarritos hill on Baseline. Yes, I name my hills after restaurants ha ha!


The group caught me at a red light so I jumped in for a couple minutes, then went around with the faster guys.


On Mountain Ave (Claremont) just above Bonita, I had to take a break so this was a good time for a self interview ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment