Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Monday Night Chill Ride

Easy 20 miler with a group last night. Easy 12 point something pace. I never ride this trail here, Pacific Electric Trail from Rancho to Claremont. Too many stops, and crossings on big major streets and Avenues. But I figured I'd give it a try to chill with a group. OK, but I don't think I'll do this one again. Have a hard time stopping and starting, waiting for traffic and wondering if they will stop ha ha ha!

But an experience. 5 or 6 flat repairs. 3 from one ride and 2 from the others. Botched repairs. I would have liked to step in and help or even do the repair but few others were helping but I will say it did not go well ha ha! But I hate to step in and have people think I'm a know it all. So I just sit back and watch them clown around ha ha! My experience has been that I show and teach people then they fumble the next time anyway ha ha ha! I've seen riders pull out surgical gloves and all kinds of stuff ha ha but still can't fix a flat. I will if it means we have to sit there for an hour while the rider figures it out. Last night, I think it was more bad luck and inexperience but they will learn. They seemed interested to know, even talked about holding a little class.

But it was OK if you ask me. I learned something, I don't like that trail and I won't do that ride again ha ha! Cool people though, just not my style. I ride more for exercise and to push myself a little, break a sweat. This was more just to ride at night and get cold ha ha ha! Strange though, I was not chilly at all.

But I did get a chance to make a little video of the clips I recorded.



Erik making his second repair. First one botched with CO2 when the stem snapped off. Reason I don't use it any longer, had bad luck with it. I'm a pump guy now! Have been for 15 years.


I didn't know the way so I HAD to follow these women. Oh the sacrifices we make for cycling ha ha!


I do look kind of scared. Haven't done this trail and at night? I only ran off the road twice ha ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment