Thursday, December 24, 2020

Rough 40 miles today. 15.0 average busting my hump ha ha ha! Solo with rain and wind. 


I knew I was in trouble driving to the trail head seeing the trees swaying. Thought it was OK but rain on first 23 miles off and on, mostly on ha ha! Really tough ride today. Big headwind on the way and even bigger on the return. I thought it might change from the coast back to the train station on the last leg of 14 miles. Hoping it would turn around the soccer fields but didn't so I knew I was screwed ha ha ha! Even thought about cutting it short but these are the rides that build character, they say! :-P


My goal was to reach 4,000 miles this year. Well, didn't try till I saw I was close at the end of October so I figured I could do it 402 miles in November and 440 in December will do it for me. I only need 57 more for December now to make the 4,000. Also, 440 in December will be my best month of the year so that is a good thing late in the game! I stand corrected. Looked at Garmin graphs and seems May was my best with 470 miles. Oh well, still a good December! :-)

I did see Bad Bob heading to the coast just south of Moon Park. I don't think he recognized me with a mask and being alone. I shouted but he was too busy smiling while riding his bike ha ha ha! Looked determined to hold that smile. After we crossed paths, I was thinking, Man that guy must like riding his bike ha ha ha!


                      Not a soaking rain. Just enough to get a little wet and wet the road.


The ground was most wet in Yorba.


Once back in Anaheim, it saw some sun to the south so I was hoping it was better. Still a few drops here and there in about 5 different places but only for a minute or two.


The water was ugly today. :-(


Just me and the birds today!


Man, 2 underlayers and a wind breaker. Sweating up a storm trying to fight the wind.


After the ride, rough but I'm still standing! Only need about 50 more miles to reach my goal for the year.


Gina passed on the offer to ride with me. She went shopping instead. Not a pic from today but a Macy's pic that I like. Maybe it's the boobs! :-P

BTW, Gina started a new job a few months ago. Her bosses had called her in and told her that the customers said Gina was a real breath of fresh air. SO she's doing well and for Christmas, another customer she deals with asked for her home address as they wanted to send a gift to her for Christmas. She was expecting candy or a fruit basket but they actually sent her a $100 Visa gift card along with a Christmas card signed by all the workers from that company saying they appreciate all that she does for them on the job. Wow, pays to be nice for Gina. Me, all I ever get for being nice is an ice cream ha ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment