Sunday, March 15, 2020

Group Ride SART with Erik & Co.

The video!








52 miles, 17.3 average speed. I did stop my Garmin when we rolled thru town for lunch so maybe it is a bit higher than the others if they didn't stop their timers. But strange thing, I was rolling back and saw 16.6. I don't know, maybe we were rolling faster than I thought but as we regrouped at the train station, I looked down and my average was above 17. Hmm, not sure if it is legit or not. Heck, guess I shouldn't worry but just didn't think we were rolling that fast.

So anyway, 6 of us left Yorba Park at 9:00 am, early for me ha ha! But it was wet, the ground soaked as if it has just finished raining. The drive over I did not see rain but others from other cities said it poured on the drive. But the ground was wet enough to thrash our bikes but no rain which was good ha ha!

The 6 of us met up with another group at the train station. So we rolled off with a pretty big group. Nice ride though, I just sat back and enjoyed it. I did have a flat, another front flat pfft! Like the 3rd in a row. Ain't it usually the rear? Ha ha!

I usually don't mind the rain but the wet ground is what worries me, picking up more debris. So I flatted but Erik said to let him do it. Heck, I won't fight about it. He has pretty good skills fixing flats so it was quick and painless for me ha ha!

Two other people ended up flatting and Erik fixed those as well. Another simple fix but one was a major surgery repair ha ha! Dude hit something metal in the road splitting his tire from bead to bead. Erik had a boot so he installed it, then another tape or something. Then the dude's tire was almost impossible to get on. About 4 people fought with it but then Erik finally got it on. Luckily that dude only had 4 miles to the end of his ride.

But it was a pretty good ride, enjoyable and I think everybody had fun!
















Last flat tire happened right before Imperial. We stopped on the bridge to wait not knowing what had happened. Then we realized it was a flat for one of the gals. But Mike had to go but before he did, I talked him into a mini Mike photoshoot on the bridge ha ha!






6 of us did 52 miles, the others did 33.





No comments:

Post a Comment