Thursday, March 19, 2020

I Can See Corona From Here Ride

No kidding! I can really see Corona from here! :-P  Late night ride around an Ontario industrial center and if I look South, I can see the city of Corona ha ha! Just felt like riding and spinning up the legs for some exercise and racking up some miles.

15.6 miles, 15.0 Average speed. Had 14.9 at 15 miles but hey, let's do that extra 1/2 mile to bring up the average, why not? So it's pretty nice riding out at night. Not as dark as one would think. I like the areas with little traffic. Unlike most, I don't care about scenery, what I see or don't see on a ride. I just like the feeling and thought of riding my bike. I actually hate when people say stupid things like," I don't like to ride the trail cause it's boring!". Or, I don't like to ride here or there blah blah blah. Maybe I just like to ride my bike more than these stiffs. Face it, I've ridden streets, trails, mountains, you name it and after so many years, riding my bike is riding my bike. It's all good and those stiffs just need to pull the sticks out of their asses ha ha! Give me a ride, any speed, any place and I'll find a way to enjoy it. The real funny thing is I have had people say the SART trail is too easy. But yet the wimps won't try GMR ha ha!  Consider the source I guess.

So riding in an isolated industrial center, I don't care, I just want to ride my bike and it's the closest place for now. I actually do miss living in Upland I miss the roads around there. Light traffic into the foothills and some climbing as icing on the cake. Around here, not sure what it is around the industrial center but it's kind of hard to go fast. Heck, only 150 feet but my legs were burning ha ha! Maybe the wind (gets windy in the open areas of Ontario) or maybe the chilly weather with an average of 52 degrees.  Either way, fast or slow, I have a good time!


I don't even remember how I got this shot. Behind the helmet while riding ha ha! But I got it and as I looked at the pics when I got home, I realized how beat up this helmet is ha ha! I guess I am just one of them guys who squeezes the heck out of the tootpaste tube to get as much as I can out of things. Heck, I have 2 new helmets that I have worn maybe 2 or 3 times. But like I said, I'll try to get the most out of anything ha ha! Helmet does look pretty beat though. Maybe I'll save it for MTB rides in the Summer.





One thing I did see today was the Breathless Agony jerseys for this year. Man they look terrible. 


Sue glad I did it already and got a cool looking print. Those new ones just look awful ha ha!

Not to mention the jersey matches the socks when I did the ride. I'm thinking when the time is right, I'll do it again when I have a chance to do more serious riding. For now, much of my time is about my 81 year old blind mother. So I'm only 57 and if I do it when I'm 60, that would even be cool. ;-)

Heck, to do it at an older age would be cool considering those wimps like TrojoanHorse WIMP on the bike forums failed to complete it. Oh, well, some people are blowhards ha ha! Best of all equipment and still can't do it while I did it on a $1000 bike ha ha! Didn't even have a compact crank like The Wimp. I used a standard crank 39-26 combo. 




 I am just sad that they did away with Ride Around the Bear. That was my favorite ride, did it 4 times. Only sad I never bought the jersey. Only a FUGLY t shirt ha ha!


Hey, Ho, Wow!  This is funny. I got some PR's on my ride seeing this is the second time I rode that area since being on Strava. I tested myself on the big outer loop as I have not done this area in years. Maybe last time I rode there was 2001. Back then I did the big loop at 5:00. This time I did it at 5:25. Not bad considering I am almost 20 years older and I thought I was doing good back then so this is a good sign.

But anyway, part of the loop is a segment. I had no idea, just comparing myself to years ago. But I looked at the segment for this year and I am NUMBER ONE HA HA HA HA! 

Of course there are only 2 of us ha ha ha ha!

Really made me laugh though because on a real ride like GMR, I'll never get anywhere even close to the top in any year. Some pretty fast guys out there. But it made me think of one of the mods on bikeforums calls himself  DrIso-sumthin or other. We've had discussions before where he has said that GMR is much easier than his local climb. 

The funny thing, and the thing that brought this to mind is that he has one of those banners in his signature line in the forums. Has his stats. Something like 10 PR's on Strava. I was impressed but then I looked at his Strava profile after all the GMR talk and it turns out most of his KOM's on Strava are segments where HE IS THE ONLY RIDER HA HA HA!

OK, who the heck creates their own segments knowing they're the only ones who ride there just to post in the forums impressing people who have no idea that the super duper credits are actually fake ass accomplishments ha ha!

But anyway, looks really impressive in his signature.  The guy does ride a ton but with all the  riding he does, he'll never come even close to getting any kind of PR on GMR.  What a clown!

I will say that when I was into climbing and training, he does have my gate to shack time beat by 5 minutes or so.  Of course that was good for me being 230 pounds (GMR to shack in 56 minutes, sadly before Strava and going to the village. So maybe I could have tied his time had I concentrated back then on only riding to the shack. 

But this is just hilarious!  Talk trash about GMR, claim it's easy while impressing everyone on the bike forums with his banner stats only to realize he is creating his own segments where only he rides so he can claim KOM"s ha ha ha!

And these are the people who consider me a flaming A-Hole. Consider the source I guess.

So seeing my silly 1st place for this year made me think of this guy! WOW! I HAVE THE BEST TIME BUT THERE ARE ONLY TWO OF US HA HA HA! 

I wish I could claim victory for this all over the internet like the guy I just mentioned. Maybe the others will think I too am something special. :-P

WOW, I am at the top of the board like the hero on the forums. Actually, there are 2 riders on my number 1 ha ha ha!

Matter of fact, I'm thinking of finding a few little isolated hills I can ride to claim KOM's being the only rider ha ha ha!







No comments:

Post a Comment