Monday, March 9, 2020

You Prolly Wonder Where I was.......

                          Maybe not but I was in Tucson Az. Taking Mom on a road trip! :-P





OK, so I took my Mom and my aunt to Tucson to light a candle at a little chapel type place out there. My Mom is a strong believer and has a lot of faith in the Catholic religion so she promised to take my aunt out there to light a candle for one of the saints she prayed to when my aunt was sick. My aunt was in the hospital over 6 years ago and almost died. So Mom prayed and promised. With all the stuff that went on with my Dad, she didn't have a chance to make it and never felt good about it.

Well now that we're together after Dad's passing, I can drive ha ha! So it took a few months but finally she was able to get things together and we hit the road. Ended up going with my cousin and aunt. Gina was planned to tag along but 2 days before the trip, her DIL called and informed her of an commemorative dinner for people who have died and donated organs etc.

When her son passed back in May, he wanted to give what he could being a recipient himself, Gina's kidney. So though he had plenty of problems withhis organs, he was able to donate his retinas and skin. I didn't know they did skin but yeah. So it was pretty cool. They had a lunch and a program honoring the donors. Gina received some kind of medal in his honor. So she stayed home and attended the lunch instead. Since it took so long to organize, we went on the trip anyway.

So Mom is pretty happy that after 6 years, she finally got around to fulfilling her promise.





Of course I took a few pics on the way home. Patton museum at Chiriaco Summit.





No comments:

Post a Comment