Sunday, March 29, 2020

Proud To Be Mexican Tour

Glad to be Mexican Tour, glad it was a short one! 26 windy miles at 15.4 average speed. A bit cool at the start but it was a good thing I read the forecast to Gina last night and then again this morning. Otherwise she would not have had MY JACKET to wear on the ride.

Yeah, guess it's my responsibility to make sure she understands what cold means. And up to me to bring 2 jackets I guess. Clearly told her maybe some showers, then this morn changed to no showers but cool. So I brought my jacket. Get out, she says she is cold and didn't being her jacket. Well damn!

So it was a bit cool at the start and windy. Not SA wind type of windy, just a stiff headwind to the coast. Took it easy after doing GMR yesterday. With the wind, the little upty-do's felt like I was back on GMR a couple of times ha ha!

But Gina did well and felt better than last week though a slower average speed which was due to the wind I believe. But she finished stronger and fresher. Can't always try to top your previous speed so the ride was good and nice relaxing legs for me not having to leave the small 39 ring.

Edna Park, the beach stop restrooms were also open. No signs of closing the trail thankfully. Plenty of people near the coast, mostly locals out for exercise. Too many that have no idea of organization but not to tough getting around them. Of course I have met my share of experienced cyclists that are idiots too so it's all about the same as any other day riding ha ha!

Did see a few buds but not many groups at all. Tony and Thai, Bad Bob heading the other way and a dude named Rheo with a visit at the coast, 6 feet at all times though ha ha!

At one point, some moron riding the opposite way looked at us and shouted,"Corona Virus guys!". OK, maybe the dope wasn't smart enough to figure we live together, share the same bed so the two of us riding together is not that unlikely! Moron!

But the real idiot cyclist of the day. Some moron with a blaring ghetto blaster passing us right before the coast.. I'm riding with Gina on my wheel and I hear something different. Not sure what it was, sounded gnarly! I look to my left and some guy is withing inches of me saying he is passing on my left. Moron, with the ghetto blaster blasting the feeuk out of my ears, no way could I hear him calling out the pass. And WTF is up with the social distance? Ass wipe!

Wait wait wait! Just remembered the real idiots of the weekend. Riding GMR, I was shocked at how many idiots take both lanes to descend. Must be the ass hats that only go when the gates are closed to traffic and can't follow the rules or laws.  So I'm descending taking my time slow toward the right looking for pic spots. Some dude goes around me on a straight. OK no problem. But we get to a turn and he takes the opposite side and almost takes out another rider coming up around a blind turn. What a dope! He continues as we descend. Thankfully I stopped to take a pic and got away from that idiot. Not to mention, 3 other guys all descending the same way, one right after the other.

OK so the road is closed, or is it? I saw a survey truck up there driving around. This is the way people get killed, assuming. Stay in your lane you morons, you're not the only one up there. I'm guessing they were some of the forum morons who complain that drivers are dangerous on GMR. Yeah, no cars or motorcycles so some other idiot has to take their place! :-(

                                                Looking happy and warm in my jacket


You see, I came prepared.


Little bit-o-wind




Cold Drunk bastard and cold beer ha ha! Really I don't drink. Would take me 15 years to consume the amount equaling one beer.


Proud to be Mexican. No matter how much they try keeping this restroom at Edna Park nice, always some moron damaging it. One idiot moves on then another moves in. Wish they could find a way to make Mami and Papi pay for it!


So after the ride she gives me my jacket back.


OK then, strike a couple sexy poses for me. This is what came out! :-P




No comments:

Post a Comment