Sunday, April 26, 2020

Gina SART ride

26 miles at 15.6 average speed. Supposed to be an easy ride but man, does the wind ever stop? When we do short rides, we like to go to the beach. Matter of fact, all our rides go to the beach unless something drastic happens. So the short ride are always on the windy section of the trail, Heck, what kind of warm up is that on the second day ha ha!? But Gina did really well. It was warm but not hot so she didn't suffer too much. Felt good after the ride though tired. Not bad for very little saddle time, like 1 ride every 3 months.

Plenty of foot traffic and some bikes on the trail. Most of the foot traffic is on the dirt near the coast, guessing the locals. But not too big a mess like so many people cry about. Yeah, if you're stupid and thing you can race around the locals, then I guess you would be the type that would complain, the stupid type ha ha! Use your head when you ride and we will all be safe!

Talking about safe, WOW! Soooooo many people not wearing masks. Gina was shocked. She was like, WOW! Pretty sad, kids, parents, walkers, joggers, OLD PEOPLE, all out there without masks. I guess they figure the threat is over.  OK whatever, still protecting myself, my wife, and my Mom.

But a nice day overall. More people at the coast today and much more vehicular traffic on PCH comparing to what I saw yesterday.

Did see Bad Bob fly by. Tony and Thai at the coast for a quick stop and visit. I'm starting to think these two guys are brothers ha ha! Always together, not one ever alone.

I had planned on a video but my gosh, go pro mounts really suck! The handlebar/seatpost/pole mount is actually totally useless to me. The cheap plastic vibrates like nothing I have ever seen before in a mount. Waste of $30. I ordered the cheap Chinese ALUMINUM  mount. I'm betting it works way better than the go pro for half the price. This cheap plastic crap sucks.

                                                            Getting ready to roll!



Gina wore the chief and I a medical mask. Thinking maybe she would let me play doctor later on. :-)


Happy after the ride, no suffering.





No comments:

Post a Comment