Thursday, April 16, 2020

Headset Check! Late Night Solo

A short leg spin at 14.0 over 11 miles around the industrial center again.  Nice easy ride in the refreshing air. Well it has been 6 years since I built my Madone and finally the headset came a bit loose. So I made the adjustments then took it for a test ride. Ahhh nice and smoooooth again. I hate little clicks and ticks, drive me crazy. Can barely hear them but they drive me crazy and I can not have that!

Funny, the other day I was talking to Eyemage (bike forum poster) on the phone. Of course talking bikes. He said that when I get a bike, I marry it ha ha! I guess so, my Canni is 22 years old now, my Madone is 6 years old and I have no plans of separating ha ha! But he did say that I keep my bikes longer than anybody that he knows but also sees that I take care of them better than anyone he knows. That is either a compliment or maybe he just doesn't know anybody ha ha! Just kidding but I have been riding my Cannondale for 22 years and some people will see it and ask if it is a new bike ha ha!

So tonight went well, nice smooth ride, easy leg spin to get the blood flowing. I did look at a couple of Strava segments on the last ride. Set about 3 PRs so I looked. I was tied for first place on one of the segments THIS YEAR along the crit course used for races when they come to town.  I'M TIED FOR FIRST THIS YEAR HA HA!

Of course there are only 3 riders. Gina, myself and some other guy. I know it's funny to think too much about it but just reminds me of the idiots on the bike forums who have several KOM"s but looking at their stravas, they're the only rider to do that segment ha ha! Yes, be proud morons! I'll take it for what it is, funny!

Oh yeah,Gina is third place on the crit course. Maybe she can post and boast like the forum idiots!

So anyway, a nice ride spinning the legs trying to get my saddle time back up to what it used to be!

                               I just like pictures so , here ya go! Love me some Cygolites!


Dirty coppers drove by me tonight, slowed and scoped me out.. Yeah, I got a mask dude ha ha!


My pic taken with the little 3 inch tripod clipped on my jersey zipper above image. Someone asked how I get pics of myself. Little tripod and cheap point and shoot Nikon $75. Does the job! Good thing about late night solo rides is that one can wear those shorts that still have a good chamois but a wear spot in the back, so don't look at my butt ha ha!


My little tripod


OK, now for a joke that comes from the granddaughter.

What do you call a man with a rubber toe?


Answer: Roberto !!!! ha ha ha!

Pronounced like Rubbertoe for those who don't get it. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment