Friday, April 24, 2020

Stimulus Package, Hmm let me see!

So yeah, I am stimulating the economy! With bike stuff! ;-)

Let's see, I had the headset on my old Cannondale replaced, smoooooth as butter! Mark had flipped the races for me about 2 years ago making it smooth again and saving me money but finally caught up. So heck, replaced it this time and it's great! Mark is the best mechanic in the country! Plus a couple other little things I might not remember like a back up derailleur cable just in case.

Along with that I bought some chamois butter for Gina, couple more Mark water bottles, a Polar bottle, some gloves, bar and tape.

I also bought a go pro mount, seatpost handlebar, pole mount. Pretty nice, the connecting plate swivels around 360 degrees to get different shots.

A charge Spoon saddle that people rave about. A few dissatisfied reviews but hey, for $30, if it is not fit for the road, I'll use it on my MTB as the saddle is pretty torn up. If it does work, great, I'll order another. BTW, "trailthis" on ebay has a lot of good reviews. My order was supposed to arrive Monday but Friday 1 pm and it's here USPS. The saddle has a reflective strip built into the rear edge. Pretty cool since I ride at night too.

I got another skeleton jersey from Love2pedal dotcom. All the other jerseys I have came from them as well. Some good deals and Primal stuff is good. Deep pockets, long, well built and bright colors and definition with their graphics. Love em! Up to 5XL but I wear the 4XL (5XL in Suarez brand running a bit smaller). But some great prices. I got my Fat Bastards for $24. Most times I received a $5 gift card as well so one of the Fat jerseys was actually $19. I saw the skeleton for $28 so I ordered it. The dude has fast free shipping as well. Great customer service too.

I also bought 3 Continental GP tires from PBK. Man, DHL delivery service sucks! They sent me messages for 2 days, like every 4 hours saying my package would be delivered at a certain time. The day of delivery, more messages but saying timeline was ALL DAY! That sucks so get up in the morning and wait though I had other things to do but wanted to sign for package.

About 8:30 PM, WTH, no package! So I look back on the tracker and they say the recipient refused the package, WTH! Then it says they will be sending the package back to the shipper. OK, now I'm pissed waiting all day long and this!?

Trying to call, night or business hours, one can not get a hold of anybody. A recorder taking you in circles. Give tracking number and it says recipient refused package. WTH! Called during business hours next morning, same thing. Looked up business office numbers, all the same as the 1 800 number that takes you in circles.

Finally I looked at several DHL facebook pages. Found a form on one that allows complaints and issues. So I wrote a not so nice message and complaint. Some dude actually responds hours later. He says he will look into it asap and thank goodness I actually got to interact with a human being. But it is frustrating when you think you're screwed and your package will be heading back to shipper.

So he emails them my complaint word for word. Great, hoping they would so they would know how much they suck! One of my comments was that I checked all info and everything was correct so either they have lousy drivers that can't read an address, or DHL was playing some kind of stupid game seeing they could not keep their promise of delivery times while misleading me and wasting my time waiting for a signature.

So finally  the guy gets them to update saying it has been rescheduled for the next day. At least all is not lost now. But the delivery guy finally rings the doorbell about 6 pm the next day, actually 2 days of my time wasted waiting to sign. I run to the door and the sucker is in his truck and heading out! OK, what the hell, what about my signature?

So some dude tells me that is the way they work. They are overloaded with packages and if they do not get them delivered, DHL actually fines their employees for each package. So the courier actually states the recipient refuses the package so that they do not get fined for that package. Wow, so even then, DHL must really treat their employees like crap. That sucks! Hopefully I don't get any more packages through them, the shipper hopefully deals with another source.



So some reviews on the saddle, some dude gives them a lower rating saying the sides are not reflective as stated. Really dude?! The above pic taken with some daylight and it shows. This image no flash so looks normal, I can't tell by the naked eye it is there. But then the lower image, less daylight and it shows pretty well! Great because I ride at night so I like it.



The jersey! Not bad $28 sale.


The Polar bottle, not bad. I like valve tops. I don't care for the insulated models so wantie! :-P


The mount. Front tab depresses allowing the mount to swivel around click by click. Supposedly much better plastic this time than the GP mount I had back in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment