Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Night Ride Testing an Old Mount

Nice and cool out tonight so I squeezed in a 10 miler to test an old mount. Really sad when an old cheap Chinese mount from 10 years ago outperforms a new $30 POS Go Pro mount. The mount originally had 2 velcro strapt that secured it to hb's, most tubes on the bike but the velcro died. So I got a lil roll of velcro strips and tried it out.

Wow, it is so much better than the Go Pro even on the beat up pavement around the industrial center. Heck, on the trail, I tried the new Go Pro and it was just way too shaky. Well total vibration! Really sucks!

But this little sucker worked well.  Can't wait for the new little HB mount to show up. It clamps on the tubes via screws. This little sign with the mount tonight tells me the new mount is going to also be much better than the Go Pro POS!

I did take some video clip and all of them came out vs the Go Pro 2 out of 10. That really sucks for the price they charge people. Pledge to myself, never buyin Go Pro accessories ever again!

I did wear my new skeletal bones jersey tonight. A bit thinner than my other Primal jerseys cut it's cool. Only $28 so I won't cry about it. I do like the colors and the fact I look much skinnier in it ha ha!


Cheap little mount much better than Go Pro!


Looking kind of skinny in my bones jersey ha ha!



As far as ordering online, I sure like EBY far more than amazon. I ordered things 1 and 2 days ago from 3 different ebay stores. All 3 are shipped with tracking numbers already. Ebay says clearly on the ads free and fast shipping. I chose these figuring they are shipped from within the US vs China long waits though they also give you dates.

Amazon on the other hand posted on their ads free 5-8 day shipping. Then they charge you a handling fee (there goes the free shipping) and the 5 to 8 days changed to 23 days when they send you the order confirmation. That sucks! I hate places that are not straight up.

As far as probikekit dotcom, I ordered 3 tires and handlebar tape. All products said IN STOCK. I received the tires last week but the bar tape says pending and will be dispatched sometime in May. Really? In stock when I ordered. I would not have ordered if it didn't claim to be in stock. I paid a couple bucks more and got bar tape at the bike shop. Sad but Probikekit has really taken a dive imo. Not much product to offer anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment