Monday, April 27, 2020

Some Cool Go Pro Stuff Aluminum

OK, so I wasted another $30 on the Go Pro crap seatpost mount. Way too much vibration and I can tell with the plastic attaching area that GP stuff is just cheap crap. So I looked on the net and came up with a few thing I think will make a difference. Of course I have a couple K Edge mounts made of aluminum and they are soooooo much better so I searched for aluminum connectors and mounts. I found them!

On ebay and amazon. I like Ebay as they seem so much more up front and to the point. They gave me delivery dates and when it came down to it, once the order was place, one received, the dates were on or better, earlier! Such as my Charge Spoon saddle. No games!

Now, amazon, they suck! So they have the stuff I like but much of it from China. So they have this special advertised that if I order this product, it includes FREE shipping and 5 to 8 day shipping it says! SOoooo! I order a couple of items, BOTH HANDLED BY AMAZON which means they take responsibility seeing they are supposed to have the product in their warehouse. Which is nice for the Chinese made stuff they offer. The product that says from China will take up to July to receive it. I want it now ha ha! So amazon keeps some product and claims "handled by amazon" which means I should get it sooner as it is in warehouse.

But I place the order, I get the confirmation saying one item will be delivered May 17th and the other 25th. OK WTF! Where is my free 5 to 8 day shipping ? I ordered 2 days ago already.

Not to mention, they add a charge in for HANDLING!  OK, wtf! Free shipping but they don't make it clear there will be a handling charge so what's the difference really? I'm paying more and later delivery date. I hate outfits like this, deceiving. I can understand  a charge but at least tell me about it MOFO before I order. Things that were $2 cheaper than on other sites are now not any more inexpensive.

But ebay, I like!

I ordered a handle bar mount made of aluminum from amazon. I'm sure it's going to be better than the go pro POS I wasted my money on.


Then I also ordered this tripod adapter with thumb screws included. I have a couple of go pro adapters already but plastic. OK for a tripod but if I use these on the bike, I want them to be solid. I already dropped a camera on GMR descending at 30 MPH because the cheap go pro tabs broke on the go pro connector.

Funny I ended up the next day going to an ebay store and ordered the same thing ha ha! I don't know what I was thinking but that order is supposed to arrive by Friday May 1st. So it's all good! Plus I will have 4 screws, 2 tripod adapters and 2 wrenches.

Big plus is the length of these thumbscrews are a bit longer according to reviews so it should be easier to fit them onto the mounts with the cases. Aaaand! There is a little rubber donut washer included with each screw to help tighten. They say use it or not, to prevent marring paint or adding length to the screw. This will be nice! 

The ebay faster service store is called Allpower.  Wish I had found this one first! Bonus wrench too! BETTER up front delivery than the amazon site!



Then I happened to come across an aluminum extension on the net looking for other things. I saw these straight connectors which are nice. One can add a bit to the reach or just to connect straight to straight. Most go pro arms are straigh to a 90degree turn. That sucks at times as I want to stay straight with the original origin of the mount. Pretty cool site. US store so delivery should be much faster and an extra $1.50 I opted for the 2 day delivery (flat shipping was $6.85 so not much difference to upgrade) if it even makes a difference as I receive some shipments from the US rather quickly most times anyway.

I will return to this site when I need something else if they have it. I posted my order yesterday about 4 PM and today I receive the confirmation email that my order has been shipped. US company so shipping is easy through USPS. I recommend. ;-) 

Just wish they had more as far as go pro accessories. 



Then I saw the straight to 90 degree links. Well darn, give me one of those as well! Heck, now whatever connections I make on my go pro mounts should be pretty solid. 


Cool stuff!





Just looking for solid stuff now after wasting too much money on go pro plastic crap! Really broke my heart on my last ride trying to get some steady stable shots with the new go pro cheap ass mount. Cheap as in quality, not price.

I did get my K Edge mounts a few years back and don't regret the price because they were a huge improvement over the go pro plastic.

If anyone remembers, years ago I dropped  a go pro camera on GMR at 30 MPH. No more of that bidness! Not to mention, the things I have been finding on the net are much more inexpensive as well. I think I paid $59 for the K Edge handlebar mount, worth it but now I find similar setups for $15-$20 on the net. Nothing wrong with saving some money!

Result of cheap plastic go pro mounts!





BTW, if you do use plastic mounts, use a tether. Learned my lesson. I have a couple of old camera wrist straps that attach nicely to the hinges of the go pro case. Free and not expensive like those offered by go pro in a package.

Lasso type wrap so that if the mount does break, the recorder won't go tumbling. I use one all the time on both my recorders now, front and rear. Never too much security! I am actually lucky that GMR tumble wasn't crossing a wooden bridge on the bike trail with the river below ha ha!

                                                                     Like So!


No comments:

Post a Comment