Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Go Pro Mounts Suck!

UPDATE: Wow, totally awesome! Got my little links today, the tripod mount and the screws. Wow, sooooooo much better than go pro crap. Notice I intentionally don't capitalize go pro most times ha ha, no respect. These little dilly bobs work great! Tighten them down and they stay down.  No movement, no slop, no hoping they don't vibrate loose. I tightened one by hand then I could not get it to loosen by hand. I had to use the little wrench that come with the thumbscrews. Now I have 2 screws and a wrench. I have another exact order on the way and today after receiving the first set, I ordered another set of 3 screws anodized in blue, plus another wrench. Total I will have 2 tripod adapters, 7 thumb screws, 3 wrenches. the 2 links and a handlebar mount all in aluminum. No more cheap junk plastic Go Pro stuff for me. Much more inexpensive and far better quality on ebay. Great store ALLPOWER on ebay. Ordered on 27th 3 pm, arrived today the 30th arriving 1 day earlier than promised, free shipping. Can't beat that!  Tested them mounting on the bike, ROCK SOLID connections. Ordered these today, cool stuff.





Last night video clip testing...Way better than the Go Pro mount. I'm sorry but Go Pro action camera mounts suck! I bought a new mount and only 2 out of 10 were viewable The mounts vibrate so much that you can't even get close to a clean shot. So last night, I took a cheap Chinese aluminum mount I bought 10 years ago for $10 for a test ride. I strapped it on with velcro and it worked way better than the Go Pro plastic overpriced junk of a mount I used on the smooth bike trail over the weekend. This cheap Chinese mount worked way better at night and rough road that is always traveled by big rigs. I ordered some more cheap Chinese aluminum mounts on ebay for 1/3 of the price of the Go Pro mount. Can't wait for them to arrive cause they work way better than the Go Pro overpriced junk! I guess if I wanted to mount the Go Pro mount on a pole and record the grass growing, it may work. But on a bicycle? Total junk!

This was last night. Much better footage in the dark, no hands, no stabilization editing, cheap Chinese $10 mount from 10 years ago strapped on with velcro!



No comments:

Post a Comment