Sunday, May 17, 2020

25 with Gina Today

25 miles at 15.3 average speed. I tried to back off the pace and effort today but dang it was windy heading to the coast. Being just a short ride on the windy section, I knew the average would be low but man, it was windy. So that helped drag down the average. Had a very nice tailwind on the way back and we could have pushed a lot harder, but what for?

I was testing mounts for the go pro. Wow, the blue one is 2 for $10 on ebay. Fast shipping too! I bought 2 after buying one from K Edge 8 years ago for $59. Big difference in price, nothing at all in the mount. Same thing but even in a cool color vs the black K Edge. The barrel mount is a 360 degree mount. Turns 360 to get every angle. Seems like a cool mount but not so sure for the bike. I think there was too much vibration around the area that pivots. I have to check out the footage before I know if it's good or not. For a pole or tripod use, it would definitely be cool though. I even mounted it on the seat post for a bit I have a seat rail mount that I like but this one is lower so I'm sure I'll get a lot of wheel in the shot.  We'll see once I whip out the go pro and view the footage.

I did also pick up some of those aluminum thumbscrews Wow what a difference. So stable and secure vs the cheap plastic go pro crap. These come with a wrench to tighten down so there is a big difference. The wrench also fits the cheap go pro screws but the alum are so awesome, I don't see a need or desire to continue using the plastic go pro junk. BUT, do not forget the wrench ha ha! They can be torqued down with the hand but if you get a good turn, you might not be able to get them off without a tool. That is what I read but for myself, I think I can get it off if only hand tight using brute strength and technique ha ha! Yeah. rotate the camera in the direction turning the screw counter clockwise to loosen it. The camera sometimes turns the screw for you. But I really like the alum screws. Wish I had known about these things years ago. Blue screws, black, long, short is what I got. But they also come in different colors, pink, green, red. Cool!

Did run into Bad Bob at the coast. Man, this guy is so photogenic! Not only does he come out good in the pics, but even the background stops to pose when I take a Bad Bob pic ha ha! Like even the background looks nice in his pics.



Blue hb mount, 2 for $10....I paid $59 for a K Edge 8 years ago. The alum thumbscrew, awesome!


Gina's ponytail going Salt-N-Peppa!


Tough taking pics with one hand riding into the wind but somebody's got to do it!


Photo bombers. Nope, don't know them.


Gina well protected. Mask and plenty of sunblock



The Pico golf course




No comments:

Post a Comment