Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Whatcha' Think? Home Improvements

So earlier I did the side of the house with bamboo seeing the neighbor is a junk pile kind of person. Well, today I finished the yard with bamboo. We had originally planned to do the back fence with the thicker bigger bamboo pole type fencing. But it is $82 per panel and I thought it was a 15 ft panel like the thinner bamboo I put on the sides. But Whoah, the $82 is only a 7 foot panel. Wowzer! The yard is 48 ft across so that would take 7 panels. Over $600 for a cover?

I talked Mom out of it but she did have second thoughts saying she wanted the back fence covered. She says it has been like that for over 7 years now. I had a 3 ft panel left from the sides so I tacked it up to this fence and sure enough, it covered pretty well. On the sides are chain link fence so it covers but if there is some kind of backing, it covers even better.

So the story is that we had a wooden fence growing up here. Maybe 5 ft high. But the lady in the back put up ivy. I guess they had put up some kind of half ass chicken wire fence to support the ivy. They asked my parents to pay half for a chainlink fence which they did.  But the back neighbor put up this pos halfway across then some freaking chicken wire or whatever the hell that is!

So the lady grows a big fence of ivy. I'm not really sure why my parents didn't object. Ivy is a freaking mess. One time my parents had it trimmed, almost shaved on their side and the back lady got pissed. I'm not sure why my parents were so nice because right from the start I would have objected to ivy and if you took my money and put up a pos fence, I'd be pissed and demanding that they make it the same the entire length. So anyway, the people move and my parents have it cut down.

New neighbors in the back were happy. So some time later they ask my parents if it is ok that they put up a wooden fence. Sure, has to be an improvement over that pos chain link fence skeleton looking thing.

So they build a wooden fence. POS wooden fence. No main support posts. I'm not sure wth they did but it seems they used scrap wood they found on the side of the road or something. White posts, don't match the fence. Older looking wood than the fence. Then to top it off, the idiots screw particle board type crap on our side of the fence to support it. WTH!!!

Not sure why my Dad didn't throw a freaking fit because I would have. Wha the hell is that crap?

So anyway, Dad gets sick and can't do crap so the fence has looked like crap for over 7 years now. So now Mom asked me if I would put up the bamboo for her. Yeah OK! So first the sides then today the final 3 panels on the back fence to cover up that crap.

So I put it up and thankfully it covers up most things behind it seeing that it is a solid background. And you can't see that crap particle board they screwed in for support.

The before pics are after I had already removed 5 big ugly iron posts that were left about 2 feet inside our yard. Super ugly crap that I think were the supports for the original wooden fence we had years and years ago.

I had to dig the first one up to see what was underneath. Sure enough, a big block of cement to support the post. Dang it, some major digging coming up. But luckily, once I saw the cement block, I tried to bend the post back and forth to see if it would crack, bend or show some kind of failure. Maybe I could just bend them off even if I had to hit them side to side with a sledge hammer.

But as I wiggled the post, I felt the cement in the ground crack. Oh goody! I hit it with the sledge hammer and sure enough it fell apart releasing the post. So next few posts, I just slammed them down hoping to damaged the cement support. Down, side to side, sure enough the cement broke and I was able to just pull them out by hand with not too much force. So I got rid of those ugly things.

But the fence was falling toward our yard. Most of the fence weak and pretty bad shape. So I tied the fence up to whatever supports were there. Few poles, wooden posts, not even sure where they came from, who put them up, or what because they were all pretty crappy looking.

So I was able to tie the fence up almost straight. I tied a few more galvanized wires through the wooden fence between the board. Allowing me to use the cross boards as support. Seems only fair to use their fence as support since they put up such a crappy fence and made our side look totally freaking ugly. I use freaking in place of the word I actually want to use just to be nice. But they did put up a fucking ugly fence! I'm sure it looks nice on their side though.

So I took pics as well. Just in case they notice I slipped wires between their boards as support for the crap wire fence left on our side. If they say anything, I'll show them the pics and ask them wtf should I have done to cover up that fucking TiaJuana fence they put up! I don't think they will have a leg to stand on. If they bitch, I'll remove the particle board they use as support and say, there, now our side looks better too!

Not sure why my parents were so nice about it. But it seems it has bothered Mom over the years so I covered it up with bamboo and it looks 100 times better. ;-)

Wooden fence on their side but the back side of the fence on our side is crap! Who builds a wooden fence then screws particle board on the back to support it. No pattern, organization, or thought. Just freaking screwed boards on. Fucking Mexicans! Current neighbors and a shit fence.


Ah so much better! We can look out of the window again. Or grill a steak without feeling like I'm in Mexico!


My parents paid for half a chain link fence and this is the crap wire fence the previous neighbors put up. WTF!


So much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment