Sunday, May 3, 2020

SART ride with Gina

 Video later.


25 nice miles at 15.8 average speed. Felt windy to the coast but ended up with a decent pace figuring the headwind. Nice return! Gina finished pretty well so hopefully her fitness is starting to come back some. Her second son is still pretty messed up from the stroke and heart attack so it's still rough on her after her first son passed away last year. In May, this month will be a year so I'm expecting some sad times. I believe it was the 7th. We'll see some tears I'm sure on that day. So I'm happy just to get her out there riding again. She has been spending Saturdays with her son at the dialysis center over the last year or more so it has been rough getting her back into the program.

The beach is still closed but a couple of guys, not together rode up and said screw it! The climbed the wall and rode right by the lifeguard. The lifeguard shouted at them on the bullhorn but did nothing. The guys rode right by. Not sure if anything happened down the line but who knows. One dude looked pretty whacked. Said he was in 2 wars, a Vietnam vet so serving his country, they shouldn't stop him. OK, looked like a whack job to me but you never know. Though I understand their frustration, I hope it ain't these kinds of dopes that will keep it closed longer pissing off the authorities.

Another thing that scares me is that every freakin' person I see on the trail, families, kids, old people, hard core Lance wannabees, all riding with no masks. I understand that too, I hate trying to breath with the mask on but I would be more upset if they close the trail too. But whatever!

Anyway, the trail is pretty populated now. Need to be careful with the idiots who don't understand the meaning of the yellow line in the middle. Sucks but I do get a few jollies calling those people idiots as they ride by with their heads up their asses. I caught one on video this time!

                                                        Short cheesy little video! :-P
















No comments:

Post a Comment